• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W_kemp

Life is hard, it’s harder if you’re stupid
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    alright y'all... I am finally going to "pull the trigger" on upgrading my AR's optic from an eotech to an LPVO. I would really like to keep things under 2K and I know I will be relatively happy with any of them but if spending on the high end I want it to be perfect.

A few of my considerations... I love the NightForce NX8 reticle (I am a huge fan of the horseshoe or circle style center rather than just a dot in crosshairs) but the eyebox/field of view makes me want to go a different direction. Vortex razor HD Gen 3 is perfection but a little too "busy" with the extras for wind and range going on in the reticle for my type of usage and would 100% go with the razor HD gen 2 lpvo if it can the same center as the gen 3 but rather its just the dot and crosshairs (their eyebox/field of view seems to be AMAZING). I do like the PA ACSS reticle and also considering the Sig tango6T but not a whole lot of reviews on it yet. with the consideration of a more horseshoe or circular center reticle over just a dot like the NF or Vertex Gen 3 and a good field of view/eyebox, what would y'all recommend? any and all opinions/advice are welcome!
    Lynx Defense

W_kemp

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    Well, you said you shot holes in all the ones we would normally recommend.
    I am open to all of the above, just would love to hear input for why you may recommend or prefer one or multiple over others. really like the Gen 3 Vortex but it is pretty high on the price range haha

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I put a PA Prism SLx ACSS on my M10X, and now thinking of switching out my lpvo scopes on my AR's. If you can find a good gun shop, it's nice to be able to compare before buying.

W_kemp

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    I put a PA Prism SLx ACSS on my M10X, and now thinking of switching out my lpvo scopes on my AR's. If you can find a good gun shop, it's nice to be able to compare before buying.
    any recommendation close to the austin or DFW are that might have a decent selection? I feel like I could get a much better sense seeing them in person rather than just watching endless video reviews haha

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    any recommendation close to the austin or DFW are that might have a decent selection? I feel like I could get a much better sense seeing them in person rather than just watching endless video reviews haha
    Sorry, I found one where I am (Midland), but I'm sure if there is one here, there should be many there.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I did a lot of net searchin' and soul searching and ended up pulling the trigger on the Vortex Razor HD Gen III. To qualify my decision you should know I don't know squat about LPVO's. The Vortex is my first. Countless reviews I read put the Razor Gen III on par with the ATACR 1x8. Feature wise I thought the Razor edged out the ATACR. User friendly the edge also went to the Razor. Price comparison was easily won by Razor. Price wise the Razor compares to the NF NX8 but in that price range the Razor smoked the NX8 feature wise. So that and $3.00 will get you a cup of water at Starbucks!

W_kemp

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    I did a lot of net searchin' and soul searching and ended up pulling the trigger on the Vortex Razor HD Gen III. To qualify my decision you should know I don't know squat about LPVO's. The Vortex is my first. Countless reviews I read put the Razor Gen III on par with the ATACR 1x8. Feature wise I thought the Razor edged out the ATACR. User friendly the edge also went to the Razor. Price comparison was easily won by Razor. Price wise the Razor compares to the NF NX8 but in that price range the Razor smoked the NX8 feature wise. So that and $3.00 will get you a cup of water at Starbucks!
    although the Gen 3 Razor is on the high end price wise i think that is the way i am leaning right now. the eyebox vs the night force is just soooo much better. Now i just need to find a decent price as the MSRP of $2,900 hurts.. haha

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Since we’re discussing them, anyone tried the Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 or 1-6x24?
    When comparing the Trijicon line-up with the Nightforce or Vortex product line they fall out of contention pretty quickly. I'm not even sure if the offer anything with FFP capabilites.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    There are certainly some outstanding LPVO’s for over $1000, but personally I think you can meet 95% of all needs with a sub $600 optic. I think the price around $500-$700 is the spot where you really get the best value.

My suggestions include the Vortex Viper 1-4 (this is my first LPVO and has been flawless for several years):

Amazon product ASIN B08JHSFRBH
    My most recent purchase is this Burris, and I really like it:

Leupold scopes are GTG as well.

I understand that you get what you pay for, but I have a hard time understanding why guys who are happy with a $35K truck (versus a $90K truck) think they need the top shelf scope.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom