• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The things I find, that I have pretty much forgotten I had, related to guns often amazes me. Take for instance my most recent rediscovered treasure hidden among my things. I found this in one of my moving boxes. Had not thought of it since I packed it several months ago and before that it had been hidden away in a cranny down in my basement for years totally forgotten.

Remington 870 OEM Folding Stock right.jpg
    Remington 870 OEM Folding Stock left.jpg

It's an OEM folding stock for a Remington 870. I'll be the first to admit it does not look as nice as it used to look being that it got rusty in a few places while forlorn in the desolation of my basement but it is not all that much worse off for the neglect. Not only did I find it again recently but also found the screw and washers used to attach it to the gun; they were in a different place than the stock when I pulled it out of the moving box so, it kind of surprised me I found them too.

Any of you ever rediscover something gun related of yours that you had forgotten all about?
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• Remington 870 OEM Folding Stock right.jpg
      Remington 870 OEM Folding Stock right.jpg
      360.2 KB · Views: 933
    • Remington 870 OEM Folding Stock left.jpg
      Remington 870 OEM Folding Stock left.jpg
      380.4 KB · Views: 877

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Once I start packing to move should prove fruitfull of lost things.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. But still looking for the .22LR cylinder for my Ruger Single Six. It's not a huge loss, as it's plenty fun with the .22 WMR in. But I would just like to know. You know?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Found a few k of .38spl and .357.

Will have a launcher for them shortly...
    Considering the price of 38 SPl nowadays, that is a nice find.

Found about 600 rounds of polish 7.62x25 under the spare tire in one of my cars a few years ago.
    Good thing you had not sold the car with that under the spare.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've heard of people putting away guns and just forgetting they owned them until they rediscovered them years later. I don't know how many guns you'd have to own to be able to legitimately forget about one that you owned, but I aspire to eventually get that many. :p

For me, I will occasional forget that I bought some piece of reloading equipment. Not too long ago, I nearly bought a duplicate of a 30 cal mold I already owned. I have no recollection of ever buying that mold, and it had never been used. It was still taped shut from the factory. I just happened to come across it right before I was going to order a new one.

I will occasionally forget I own a certain set of dies because I either never reload for that round (looking at you 6.5 Carcano), or because I bought them before I bought the gun they were going to be used for, and I just didn't end up buying the gun.

I once found about 200rds of 45 ACP I had forgotten about.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I only remember I have a trailer hitch on the back of my pickup when my shin tells me.

We're pretty sure that when dad sold his house in Aldine after 50+ years of ownership there were at least 3 handguns left in the attic...brothers and I moved insulation around for almost 8 hours, and only found 5.

We also found more 20 loaded M1 carbine 20 round mags...despite the fact that dad gave away his carbines decades earlier.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I only remember I have a trailer hitch on the back of my pickup when my shin tells me.

We're pretty sure that when dad sold his house in Aldine after 50+ years of ownership there were at least 3 handguns left in the attic...brothers and I moved insulation around for almost 8 hours, and only found 5.

We also found more 20 loaded M1 carbine 20 round mags...despite the fact that dad gave away his carbines decades earlier.

By 20, do you mean 15 or 30? If they are 30's and are actual USGI, thats quite a bit of money

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    By 20, do you mean 15 or 30? If they are 30's and are actual USGI, thats quite a bit of money

My bad: There were 20 some-odd 30 rounders. All loaded. He had almost 100 total 30 rounders between the attic, closets, and barn.

He bought 2 pallets of m1 carbine ammo between 1967 and 1972, and another pallet of mixed mags. He also bought 4 crates of carbines.

Of the loaded mags, 3 of them had noticeably collapsed springs, but he rest were all fine. Pretty wild for sitting there since about 1980 to 2007.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The things I find, that I have pretty much forgotten I had, related to guns often amazes me. Take for instance my most recent rediscovered treasure hidden among my things. I found this in one of my moving boxes. Had not thought of it since I packed it several months ago and before that it had been hidden away in a cranny down in my basement for years totally forgotten.

View attachment 187685 View attachment 187686

It's an OEM folding stock for a Remington 870. I'll be the first to admit it does not look as nice as it used to look being that it got rusty in a few places while forlorn in the desolation of my basement but it is not all that much worse off for the neglect. Not only did I find it again recently but also found the screw and washers used to attach it to the gun; they were in a different place than the stock when I pulled it out of the moving box so, it kind of surprised me I found them too.

Any of you ever rediscover something gun related of yours that you had forgotten all about?
    I'll bet it looks better than the plastic POS you find today.

If you find one for a mossberg I'll buy it from you. I mean since you forgot you had it.

Im just a poor boy but I've found a lower some parts and an original scorpion flash light. The light still had the melted lense on it. In the melted pouch. I was searching a car and found some MJ. I put the light in my pouch to cuff the driver and about 45 seconds later I was wondering what that burning smell was. I used horizontal pouches and they had flaps on them and since it was daylight I left the light on. It was pre LED and those bastards get hot. Well suffice it to say I tossed it in a box and forgot it for 20 plus years.

I'm always hearing about guys who find guns n crap. All I find is crap, maybe I should keep the dogs out of the house.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I posted this on another forum site, but will post here since it applies.

My town does a bulk trash day twice a year. I took a couch out to curb and figured that I better look between the cushions for keys, knives, remotes or money. Hey, I found a gun! It was a SW99 I stashed there 5-6 years previously.

23f7bb3d89146fb062b48fd28b56966f.jpg

Attachments

• 23f7bb3d89146fb062b48fd28b56966f.jpg
      23f7bb3d89146fb062b48fd28b56966f.jpg
      24.3 KB · Views: 296
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member