• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anglerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    I just purchased a Bergara B14S522SP Wilderness in 6.5 Creedmore with an 18" barrel. Plan on using a Harvester suppressor. I plan on using this gun for general hunting around 300-400 yards with maybe an occasional shot out to farther ranges, not a full time 1000 yard shooter. My question is what scope and rings are the best for this type of set up???? I really don't want to spend $2000 for a scope but am looking to spend between $500 to $1000. I think I want a first focal plane but other than that I need some advice from some of you. Any input would be appreciated.
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Welcome.

Scope question is a can of worms. Do you want target turrets marked out in moa/mil and easily adjusted? Reticle preference? More of a plane style hunting scope? Etc.

Personally, I like the Vortex Viper in that range. And Seekins precision rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    $500+ |----> +++Vortex+++

Sub $500-

Check out Arken Optics, USA made and Sub $500. They have Mil/MOA Turrets.

I don't have one but happened across the website and thought they had some interesting offerings.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Vortex or Leupold would be my 1st choice. Followed by Athlon or Hawke.

Lots of options in that price range. Glass clarity gets better as price goes up. The clarity of the glass is more important than magnification. Not to mention the higher magnification shows the slightest movement in the reticle.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have the 4-16 version Viper w/BDC on a Begara 308. Excellent combo. If you haven't used Mil Rad I wouldn't recommend it. I had always used MOA and a dealer talked me into Mil, never again. Stick with what you are accustomed to. After sighting in at 100 yds (1" high) rang steel at 200, 300, 400, and 500 using the BDC sighting. Kinda surprised. YMMV

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Yes, VORTEX!
    I have tried just about every brand of scope out there including many in the $1000-$1500 range. I have converted completely to Vortex for all my optics needs...scopes, binocs, rangefinder, spotting scopes etc. I also use their mounts.
    Very good quality, best bang for your buck, and a lifetime no questions asked warranty.
    Oh and I get a 40% military discount :)
    I would still only use Vortex even without the discount though!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    For what it's worth, I have two scopes made by Blackhound. I think they're relatively new to the game but the scopes are both amazing and both came with rings or a mount. I have the 4-14x and the 1-8x

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    For the price, this is one of the best deals going.

I would never suggest any Vortex scope unless it's in the Razor series. All of the cheaper ones are prone to break or have issues. Yeah, They got a great warranty, and chances are you will use it many times.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Spending the money of great glass is well worth it in the long run. Anything without a lifetime warranty is pissing money away. A chicom optic with a lifetime can prove to be worthless too!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Spend the full thousand dollars and look at Vortex, Sig, and Leupold.

Find the features you want and then decide.

4-12x40 is about right for a hunting rig in my opinion. Still usable for longer range too.

Top Bottom