• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Looking for new clean burning medium to magnum powder for 44 mag any ideas I was thinking IMR blue.
    Blue Dot works really well for anything between mouse fart loads and equivalent factory loads. Same with Bullseye. Unique works well in every pistol round i reload, but it’s a little on the dirty side. H110 makes a great hot load for 44 Magnum, but powder charge accuracy becomes a priority. If your charge is below their published minimum, it could detonate instead of igniting.

MyEmptyWallet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    San Benito
    I reaload with 2400 for higher end loads, TiteGroup for plinking, and Longshot for mid-range. I was looking forward to unequal it's to bad thay cancelled it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Blue Dot works really well for anything between mouse fart loads and equivalent factory loads. Same with Bullseye. Unique works well in every pistol round i reload, but it’s a little on the dirty side. H110 makes a great hot load for 44 Magnum, but powder charge accuracy becomes a priority. If your charge is below their published minimum, it could detonate instead of igniting.
    Unique is great but doesn't load Magnum rounds well. Too bulky to get enough in the case for full power loads.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I reaload with 2400 for higher end loads, TiteGroup for plinking, and Longshot for mid-range. I was looking forward to unequal it's to bad thay cancelled it.
    2400 is my go to Magnum powder.

Are you just looking for something cleaner burning?

Not sure how the new powders work on that.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've made a lot of reduced power loads using CFE pistol. It seems to work great and is very accurate. My hot loads are with H110, but those get uncomfortable to shoot after a while.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    BlueDot gets a little sensitive toward max loads. Why I quit using it about 30 years ago. The experts called it "pressure excursions". I don't need any of those! LOL!

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    N110, #9, or CFE Pistol will produce top-end loads and all are pretty clean compared to H110/296. Plus you don't have the ridiculous flash that accompanies H110/296.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    N110, #9, or CFE Pistol will produce top-end loads and all are pretty clean compared to H110/296. Plus you don't have the ridiculous flash that accompanies H110/296.
    True. I love CFE pistol for moderate loads. It's a lot less picky than hotter powders. I've found its not as great for muzzle velocity for "top end" loads. I kinda like the H110 ridiculous flash.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Pretty much what I was going to write. Used Blue Dot for very long time. I have a current love affair with H110.

Top Bottom