• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    There are a lot of day hunt locations available, but you’re unlikely to find a good deal asking strangers.

Times have changed a lot and most people who used to be willing to allow a hunter every now and then have been burned by property damage and other stupidity enough times that they just don’t do it anymore.

Those that are willing have seen that hogs went from a destructive nuisance to a profitable nuisance and have adjusted accordingly. If someone just wants them gone they will typically avoid hunters and rely on trapping which works much better anyways.

Good luck in your search, but you’re probably better off looking at advertised locations. Some aren’t too expensive and include some other amenities for getting away with your buddies.
    Same with doggone prairie dog hunting. It’s a shame. Property damage and out of staters have ruined the hunts for these pests. I’m not paying 500.00/day for a “guide” to shoot a bucket full of p-dogs.

OP- you may want to call the local Sheriff or the DNR. They may have a list of ranchers to call that want hogs dead. Least that’s how it was 20 or so years ago. Call the rancher and work a deal.
    Target Sports

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Here is a write up I did after going to Crockett, on Indiana Gun Owners. Aka, INGO.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I would just search for an outfitter near San Antonio. It shouldn't be too hard to find a day hunt in S. Texas for a group. I would book ASAP, the sooner the better as you're approaching deer season.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I know of a place in Crocket. He has 1,000 acres, and a mobile home on the property, that you can rent. He has stands and feeders, scattered throughout the property. Obviously this is a pay to hunt location, but the rates are reasonable, and you can stay on the property.
    Sir can you pm me some info

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Can I go?!?? I'll be your personal guide and Token White Boy Cook! I can fix grits, chittlin's and watermelon salad! If you're REALLY good to me, there might even be some fried chicken in it for ya!

Of course, you DO wanna tip the Camp Cook well.

Food poisoning sucks, I hear....
    Bwhaaaaaaaaaa you on white dude I've always wanted one..

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I am looking to find a hog hunt for a few friends and myself. Looking like sometime late September we will all be in Texas at the same time. Hopefully we can find both a hog and dove hunt combo. Not trying to break the bank but understand that hunts do cost money. Please let me know if you got anything.

Make it a once in lifetime experience.

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    Here is a write up I did after going to Crockett, on Indiana Gun Owners. Aka, INGO.

Thanks for posting, this was informative.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I know of a place in Crocket. He has 1,000 acres, and a mobile home on the property, that you can rent. He has stands and feeders, scattered throughout the property. Obviously this is a pay to hunt location, but the rates are reasonable, and you can stay on the property.

I’m always down for hog blasting.

Please pm the info to this place to me when you have time. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    San antonio, I live here but they are coming down from Minnesota
    I’d start by talking to my local wldlife Officers.

Over the past couple decades, the TPW Oficers have morphed from our tormentors to our helpers & partners. As they work with these things daily, they can be great sources of local or area info.

The ranch I’ve day-hunted for years had some sort of problem and has closed to hunting for a couple years.

Good Luck !

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    1662475438210.png

Top Bottom