• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil Therapy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    Texas
    With the shortage of ammo, training time needs to be precise and conservative: each shot must have training value. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas for training sessions that involve maybe 50 to 100 shots while focusing on:

- clearing the cover garment and holster
    - draw
    - shot placement

I'm thinking of the bill drill against a timer, but any other ideas are welcome.
    Military Camp

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    With the shortage of ammo, training time needs to be precise and conservative: each shot must have training value. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas for training sessions that involve maybe 50 to 100 shots while focusing on:

- draw
    - shot placement

I'm thinking of the bill drill against a timer, but any other ideas are welcome.

What is your carry gun? If there is an air gun equivalent, get one and train with that.

I have a Umarex Glock 19 Co2 BB gun that I use in my yard and garage. Works with my carry holster. 25 CO2 cartridges and 5000 BB’s cost under $30 and will provide fun and training to draw and shoot for months!

Can’t train malfunction or reload drills, but great for drawing and shooting drills. Accuracy is fine inside 7 yards.

James1979

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    San Antonio

- draw
    - shot placement

Just my opinion, but I think movement is one of the tenets of defensive shooting. If one stands still, they are an easy target. So I would incorporate movement into training and getting used to the idea that bullets go both ways. Hard to do on a flat range I know. However, you can practice this at home with an empty gun. Kind of goes hand in hand with clearing your garment. It also takes zero rounds to practice.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville

- draw
    - shot placement

There are compressed gas laser targeting barrel systems, that simulate recoil, and use a laser with a laser target to record hits. Great way to practice.

Top Bottom