Looking for CCW training ideas

Recoil Therapy

Apr 2, 2018
Texas
With the shortage of ammo, training time needs to be precise and conservative: each shot must have training value. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas for training sessions that involve maybe 50 to 100 shots while focusing on:

- clearing the cover garment and holster
- draw
- shot placement

I'm thinking of the bill drill against a timer, but any other ideas are welcome.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
Dec 20, 2013
New Braunfels
With the shortage of ammo, training time needs to be precise and conservative: each shot must have training value. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas for training sessions that involve maybe 50 to 100 shots while focusing on:

- draw
- shot placement

I'm thinking of the bill drill against a timer, but any other ideas are welcome.
What is your carry gun? If there is an air gun equivalent, get one and train with that.

I have a Umarex Glock 19 Co2 BB gun that I use in my yard and garage. Works with my carry holster. 25 CO2 cartridges and 5000 BB’s cost under $30 and will provide fun and training to draw and shoot for months!

Can’t train malfunction or reload drills, but great for drawing and shooting drills. Accuracy is fine inside 7 yards.

James1979

TGT Supporter
May 29, 2021
San Antonio

- draw
- shot placement

Just my opinion, but I think movement is one of the tenets of defensive shooting. If one stands still, they are an easy target. So I would incorporate movement into training and getting used to the idea that bullets go both ways. Hard to do on a flat range I know. However, you can practice this at home with an empty gun. Kind of goes hand in hand with clearing your garment. It also takes zero rounds to practice.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics