• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    If you dont mind me asking, what did your motor home run? what model? how many does it accomodate? what are your living expenses like? where do you normally park your rig?
    Sure. I got it used last year for right about 100k. It's a 2005 American Tradition by American Coach (subsidiary of Fleetwood). The higher end you go the less people they sleep. Mine can sleep 4 if they like each other. Living expenses are much lower and you can do a lot to bring them down even further. I'll post a pic of it but it keeps posting upside down. We've been all over the country but are in an rv resort in Hudson bend by lake Travis near Austin. Love this lifestyle!
    image.jpg
    Military Camp

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 204

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I bought my travel trailer new in 2006. I paid $21K for it. It's a Wildcat 5th wheel by Forest River. It's been paid off for many years and just acts as another income stream.

It provides me a place to stay and puts about $2K in my pocket every month.

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I had priced some pushers a few years back, and quickly realized i was out of my lane. In fact, i shouldn't have been on the road at all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Spoke with my friend's father who got a job out in Midland not too long ago. $1200 for a run down 700sqft apartment with a roommate, and apparently the price is set to jump $600 this coming year.

I know several people in. Midland housing sucks out there. Their company is having to supply trailers for them because nothing is open. Similar but not as bad as the Dakotas.

The ONLY upside to other half being based in laredo is we have cheapish rent. There's a 2.5-3.5hr drive to the site though depending on which well pad. only does that every 10 days though and gets a hotel room bearish the site while on shift.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I know where there is an open spot for a 30 amp trailer. Perfectly located for Permian Basin work.

Maybe 2.

They're not going to last long.

PM me for details.

SE7EN26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Granbury
    UPDATE: got hired on as an apprentice electrician at a local shop here in Granbury, decent job that can be a great career from what Im told. What do you guys think? Those in the trade and those that arent, no matter.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Congrats! Should be a good future in most of the trades. Glad you found something and id say being an electrician can be a career not just a job.

-Without Life there can be no Liberty-

SE7EN26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Granbury
    thank you! Im hoping all works out well. Just keep my head down and work hard and learn quickly. Any tips from electricians out there?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    thank you! Im hoping all works out well. Just keep my head down and work hard and learn quickly. Any tips from electricians out there?

Not an electrician. I've been in distribution, transmission and generation for a few decades.
    Number 1, no shortcuts in safety. Electricity doesn't discriminate, it'll get anyone regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation or social class.
    It's like gun handling. It's as safe as you make it.

Good career. New construction in a booming economy, upgrades and repairs in a down economy.
    Good luck!

Top Bottom