• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Looking at the PSA build kit you ordered, I don't see a bolt carrier group included. Have you got a BCG on order? Also, that is the EPT kit, so it should come with the polished trigger group. You could add a set of JP Enterprise enhanced reliabilty springs and you will have a very nice 4½ lb. trigger.
    Military Camp

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    As far as optics, are you looking for red dot sights or a scope or one of each? I can recommend a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot if you want to go the economy route. They are excellent red dots for less than $140.

SATLoader32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    Looking at the PSA build kit you ordered, I don't see a bolt carrier group included. Have you got a BCG on order? Also, that is the EPT kit, so it should come with the polished trigger group. You could add a set of JP Enterprise enhanced reliabilty springs and you will have a very nice 4½ lb. trigger.

Yes it comes with everything. Thank you for the advice. I made sure I looked at all the details before I purchased

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-074808_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210401-074808_Chrome.jpg
      347.7 KB · Views: 61

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I was mainly looking for advice on if the gun was worth purchasing at that price. I ended up going with a PSA upper build kit and "stealth" lower.. actually 2 of each to be exact lol.

I looked for an aero precision lower at a couple sites and couldn't find any in stock at the time. So I just went with the PSA lower.

I would've went more along with the full build route. But with things being so scarce and in and out of stock. I just bit the bullet for now, which they're even hard to find in bulk at this time.

I appreciate everyone's input and still look forward to any other sorts of advice anyone has towards any accessories that they've liked, preferred and so on. I.E. Bolt catch release, mag release, optics, single point slings, bug out bags, mag pouches and so on.

You won't be disappointed. PSA is a value brand, but I have built 2 PSA lowers and purchased their uppers and been very pleased. At the time they cost me 350 dollars or less for the total gun. An absolute steal now. I believe the kits are running about 600 now. They'll do the job. I'm currently on the fence about purchasing another completed lower for 300 with FFL and tax, I have 2 uppers (A 6.5 Grendel and a franken upper I built) running on the same lower and that drives me nuts.

SATLoader32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    You won't be disappointed. PSA is a value brand, but I have built 2 PSA lowers and purchased their uppers and been very pleased. At the time they cost me 350 dollars or less for the total gun. An absolute steal now. I believe the kits are running about 600 now. They'll do the job. I'm currently on the fence about purchasing another completed lower for 300 with FFL and tax, I have 2 uppers (A 6.5 Grendel and a franken upper I built) running on the same lower and that drives me nuts.

Yeah 350 is a steal in today's market. It's Flippin crazy how things have turned. My 2 kits were 669 + tax and shipping each one. I'm looking at just over $800 each built with tax and ffl and whatnot.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    If your budget is $1k-ish, I don’t think you can do better thana Larue ultimate upper and any generic lower. Assemble it yourself or pay them $99 to do it for you.

They offer all the calibers...if they assemble it then it’s effectively a factory build IMHO

Get their lower or use any other lower. You’ll have to wait a bit, but that shouldn’t be a huge deal. God things come to those who wait LOL

17e94f0ba6c40721ffc857c603a615f8.png

e71c7d77e7d53d886a74b46fb1d4234b.png

That is a good deal on a quality rifle. You can't go into an LGS and just buy all of the parts anymore. It takes longer nowadays. It'll be much harder 6-12 months out from here tho. But buy a complete upper, a complete lower and snap them together. That will work until you can get the trigger and the BCG upgraded. Pew Pew!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SATLoader32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    Thank you for the advice.

But as previously stated I ended up getting 2 PSA upper builds and stripped lowers.

Finally got everything together. The only thing I can really gripe about so far is the loose wobble of the MOE stock. But I'm going to fix that shortly.

Won't be able to test for a little while. But I'm definitely happy with the purchase. Can't wait to get more haha

Top Bottom