• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    So as the title suggests, Im looking for more of a "tactical" style gun range in the dfw area. I have searched for hours on the internet to no avail.
    Sitting in a stall and shooting at paper targets a set distance away is great and all but I dont think it does much besides improve your accuracy your basic skills.
    I watched some Instructor Zero and Travis Haley videos on the internet and their gun ranges they can move and shoot and do all kinds of drills and thats what im looking for. Hell, even if its not a "sanctioned" gun range and someone just has a big piece of property in the country set up like a deer lease in a way where you can go out there and shoot how you want

Any info or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
    P.S. I know that I am not Haley, Costa, Zero, or any of the other "internet badasses". I just want to improve my self defense skills with some of the 100's of drills you can find on the internet and that you dont have to pay an arm and a leg to take a class

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Looking for a "tactical" gun range in DFW or surrounding areas

Last edited:

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    http://www.angermanagementseminar.com/Texas-Anger-Management.php3

This might be an appropriate place for you to start.

I'll get right on that. But I'll have to walk there since I'm now going to be leaving my car at home since other forum members have suggested that I shouldn't be driving.
    Also, I have to leave my gun at home too, so hopefully I don't get mugged on my long walk to anger management because I have such terrible anger issues. Grrrrr!
    :D

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Good idea. It may help you learn some self control.

Funny that you post anger management links because I wasn't angry in the slightest during the entire interaction.
    Maybe links to "self control" websites would better help?

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've been going to TDSA in Ferris for years. You can do pretty much anything you want as long as you're safe about it. They run pretty laid back 3 gun matches once a month as well if you want to get into some competitive run and gun stuff.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've been going to TDSA in Ferris for years. You can do pretty much anything you want as long as you're safe about it. They run pretty laid back 3 gun matches once a month as well if you want to get into some competitive run and gun stuff.

If I knew this guy IRL, I'd definitely not want to be squadded with him.

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    So what prompted the finger? If not anger, what?

Annoyance and a general "screw you pal". Anger? No. After the guy freaked out and tried to run me off the road anger was the furthest thing from my mind, that was more amusement then anything because he wasn't getting the response he wanted

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Annoyance and a general "screw you pal". Anger? No. After the guy freaked out and tried to run me off the road anger was the furthest thing from my mind, that was more amusement then anything because he wasn't getting the response he wanted

"Screw you" is pretty much the definition of anger.

You describe amusement, though, so you WERE provoking him knowing that he'd respond and likely escalate again.

Not good choices.

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    "Screw you" is pretty much the definition of anger.

You describe amusement, though, so you WERE provoking him knowing that he'd respond and likely escalate again.

Not good choices.
    Im going to have to disagree. You can say annoyance is anger by that definition then.

And of course I wasnt! I was just being a friendly driver trying to DE-ESCALATE the situation. I was smiling and waving, who can get mad at a guy who smiles and waves at you? Lol :D

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Im going to have to disagree. You can say annoyance is anger by that definition then.

And of course I wasnt! I was just being a friendly driver trying to DE-ESCALATE the situation. I was smiling and waving, who can get mad at a guy who smiles and waves at you? Lol :D

You are either trolling or a moron.

Lord Jesus, make it stop!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom