• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    ... allows me to change out my targets. Are there any such in this town? The only range I've been to is A Place to Shoot, which doesn't allow for such and can get maddening after only twenty rounds or so. Any thoughts, please?
    DK Firearms

Bud-9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    San Antonio
    Blackhawk south of town use to. Although I haven't been there in a while. Might want to give them a call before you drive out there.

blueR32

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    SA TX
    Bexar Community range will. It's a little ways out of town, but everyone is friendly. You call for a cease fire & can go out to switch your targets.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The Bullet Hole west of town on Grosenbacher also allows you to change out your targets.

And risk getting shot in the process! I've had several incidents there where I was out on the range when it was cold, checking my targets only to turn around and find some idiot messing with a firearm. Range safety seems to be of little concern there, which is why I refuse to shoot there anymore. You can be at Blackhawk Range within ten minutes of the Bullethole, and while some of their ranges may be a little quirky; it is well run and safety is a priority there!

Still, my preferred range is still Camp Bullis; but it is only open to DoD ID card holders and on the weekends only.

Cheers! M2

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    Dietz Rifle Range, 421 Range Rd. New Braunfels. And they have a Range Safety Officer on the rifle range to make sure no body does anything stupid.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    I don't share the same experience. The past several times I've been there (all within a year of this post), at least two range officers were on the pistol line, and one was on the 50-yard line. I don't know about the other lines, as I haven't shot them at the Bullet Hole. Of course, YMMV.

Top Bottom