• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Annnnd...I've had to start over with editing because the software I'm using is not user friendly and seems to have saved a few edited segments out of order. So...back to square one.

Add to that the weather this weekend that kept me out of the workshop (I have to run power out to the shop with an extension cord, and cold rain keeps that from being a good idea) and I'm pretty frustrated right now.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The state of things today...grinding accomplished, grinding to do.

20230212_144437.jpg 20230212_144444.jpg

All those rough, dark areas are deeper hammermarks that I'll need to grind down to till they disappear.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    All right, so I've been waiting on a new 40 grit belt to arrive so I can finish that basic surface grind that has taken me forever. My knees are good for about an hour and a half at a time, and I've spent four of the last seven weekends (either one or both days of the weekend) exclusively grinding so...that's probably about eight solid hours of trying to grind with what is apparently a worn out belt on some ridiculously tough steel.

Unfortunately, the belt arrives Monday so I won't have it this weekend. But it will arrive, and I will FINALLY move on to drilling and heat treating once the surfaces look good. Seems likely I'll be doing some work during the week here and there as I'm sick and tired of being stalled at this step, and I'm sure Hoji imagined having his cleaver in his hand a month ago.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I can totally relate to the worn out knees! I spent 4 hours outside doing yard clean up, a lot of weed eating & running the blower. Here I am 3:30 am and cannot sleep for the pain. Tomorrow I can with be 4 hours of running the leaf sweeper & raking.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I can totally relate to the worn out knees! I spent 4 hours outside doing yard clean up, a lot of weed eating & running the blower. Here I am 3:30 am and cannot sleep for the pain. Tomorrow I can with be 4 hours of running the leaf sweeper & raking.

Yeah, I need to go back to an orthopedic doctor and get those horrid steroid shots into my knee joints again. The pain in the short term after the injections is worth it for almost five months of semi-normal knee use.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    GZ,

For some reason, such injections have never helped me with back or shoulder pain.

Glad you get some benefit out of them.

Man, getting the injection was one of the worst sensations I've ever had. The physicians assistant complimented me for not coming up off the exam table. Then there was immediate relief and for the first time in years a complete lack of pain in my knees as I walked out to my car. Then on the drive home (a little over an hour), my knees stiffened up and for the next 24 hours I was shambling around like the mutant offspring of Robocop and C-3P0. And then...for the next five months my knees went from not hurting much at all to hurting a little but really not too bad to almost normal and back. Then a few weeks ago it wore off and things suck now.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Hey GZ,

I'll bet you could make some money writing stuff like this too. Another side-gig.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hey GZ,

I'll bet you could make some money writing stuff like this too. Another side-gig.

I can't believe someone got paid to write that.

Next: "6 Essential Supplies for a Cross Country Drive":

1) A car.
    2) Gasoline.
    3) Roads
    4) Tires
    5) A destination
    6) A reasonable amount of travel time...

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Hey GZ,

Interesting way to insult someone.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom