• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    I'm heading back to CA next week to help my folks move and pick up some extra things they can't relocate to the new rental. Two of those items are old rifles. One is suspected to be a civil war era rifle that measures 57" the other a slightly more modern bolt action that's 51". I can find cases that measure up to 52" but am having difficulty finding anything longer than that. Any suggestions? I'm trying not to break the bank either since it's just to transport from CA back to TX. I don't want to just wrap them in a blanket and throw them in the back of of the truck either.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NgtZhLVcAuwQrUzv5
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XhwpsPti3jPhJonQ6

TIA
    Gun Zone Deals

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Send me PM to remind me to look at my house this weekend. I seem to recall having a longer case given to me before I PCSd. Could be wrong, but I’ll look.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wouldn't it work to just put the longer rifle into a zip up rifle case, then protect the remaining stock with a towel or something, wrapping it all with duct tape?
    The shorter one sounds like it will fit in its own zip up case.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Wouldn't it work to just put the longer rifle into a zip up rifle case, then protect the remaining stock with a towel or something, wrapping it all with duct tape?
    The shorter one sounds like it will fit in its own zip up case.

Possibly, I'm also going to check Turner's and a couple of LGS when I get there (just because I'd like to have cases for them anyway). I found one 60" zip up case online for $40, but don't think it would get here in time. I might also be able to just wrap them in bubble wrap and tap and slide them under a platform I built for the dogs that replaced the back seat. My other concern is CA firearm transport laws. I know you have to have a pistol unloaded in a locked case to transport. I don't think you do for rifles, but I figure in crate that's screwed shut, that will pretty much alleviate any question. =)

Top Bottom