• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnGalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2022
    Houston
    I am trying to do a basic Out of State Intrafamily transfer from Texas to Orange County California. I have an FFL in California that can explain what needs to be filled out in order for the process to go smooth. This is a transfer between Daughter and Mother and is 100 percent legal in the state of California.

1. Please include a copy of a Gift Letter. A sample can be seen here. This will be used to keep a record of the transfer between family members. Have your family member complete the form.
    2. I will also need a copy of the drivers license from your family member to properly document the sender.

Are there any FFL Dealers in the Houston, Humble, King-wood area that can do this transfer ?
    Venture Surplus ad

JohnGalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2022
    Houston
    So what I have learned is that I can use Shipmygun without using an FFL in Texas but if there is a problem with the background check or paper work and California denies the transaction, the guns are stranded. California cannot return to a non FFL. My problem is trying to find someone in the Houston area that will do the transaction for me. I have an FFL in California that can forward over the basic form that is needed to send the guns but at this point I just cant find an FFL in Houston to do it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    So what I have learned is that I can use Shipmygun without using an FFL in Texas but if there is a problem with the background check or paper work and California denies the transaction, the guns are stranded. California cannot return to a non FFL. My problem is trying to find someone in the Houston area that will do the transaction for me. I have an FFL in California that can forward over the basic form that is needed to send the guns but at this point I just cant find an FFL in Houston to do it.
    Have you contacted Shipmygun? They and your FFL in CA should be able to complete the transaction assuming the receiving person can legally possess the gun in CA.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I am trying to do a basic Out of State Intrafamily transfer from Texas to Orange County California. I have an FFL in California that can explain what needs to be filled out in order for the process to go smooth. This is a transfer between Daughter and Mother and is 100 percent legal in the state of California.

1. Please include a copy of a Gift Letter. A sample can be seen here. This will be used to keep a record of the transfer between family members. Have your family member complete the form.
    2. I will also need a copy of the drivers license from your family member to properly document the sender.

Are there any FFL Dealers in the Houston, Humble, King-wood area that can do this transfer ?
    Hi John

I sometimes use this person for my FFL needs and he is local in Humble.

Terry Benton 713-828-5484

www.egafirearmstexas.com

Top Bottom