• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2022
    Corsicana
    I’m looking for a nice 375 H&H rifle. I prefer a wood stock, but open to different brands. I had the opportunity to shoot one in Africa a few months ago, now wanting to have one of my own. Hopefully another trip will be in the future! 903 641-959five if would rather text. Thanks!!

Reactions: MTA

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a Remington 700 in .416 Remington mag that I took to Africa back in the 90's. It was re-barreled by Hill Country Rifle. In a H&S Precision stock, Timney trigger & Zeiss 1.25X4 scope. I have dies & projectile for it.

I might as well sell it as my hunting in Africa is done and over with. PM me if you have any interest in it. I'm down towards Groesbeck so it not that bad of a road trip.

Emow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2022
    Corsicana
    That sounds like an awesome rig! I think I’m going to hold out for a 375 H&H right now. I’d like my boys to be able to shoot it also. There’s plenty of folks looking for those out there I bet. I hope you had a great time in AF, it’s something I don’t think I can stop thinking about. Take Care!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I took 3 trips in the 90's, one was a whole month. My man cave or Penis Room as a friend labeled it is pretty cool as its big enough for the mounts & misc. other things related to guns, reloading trophy room the computer.

One of the things I learned from the Professional Hunter that we booked for was what ever the bullet weight load it to 2400 fps and it will do what you want it to do.

Two books I might suggest are The Perfect Shot by Kevin Robertson. They make a pocket book that great for the long flight over. And National Audubon Society Field Guide to African Wildlife.

Top Bottom