APOD Firearms

Looking at the many AR12s online, y'all got recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    This would be my first AR 12. I have never shot one and the brands seem pretty off the wall as far as brands I have heard of. I imagine as with most guns, spending a little more usually makes your gun a little better but everything cost more these days and I'm not sure who is putting out junk and taking advantage of people like me that don't know any better in these matters. Do any of you have one you love?
    ARJ Defense ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Never owned one, but my buddy had the Charles Daly and then a Panzer. Never could get either to cycle low brass well.

Now he is after my Saiga.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The saiga's and veprs are the real deal. Everything thing else is a questionable clone. However the Turkish guns that have been showing up are not all bad. I bet at least one of those is a Turkish import.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah, don't. They look impressive to most, but they are little more than an inexpensive shotgun mocked up to look like an AR.

They usually have absurdly long length of pulls, complicated takedown procedures, and poor QC. You might get some enjoyment out of it as a toy, but you can do so much better for a defensive shotgun it's not even funny

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I wouldn't run one for a defense shotgun, but with some work they you can get them reliable for gun games. For an HD shotgun there are a lot of better choices out there, a mag fed shotgun wouldn't be a consideration.

Having said that I run a Rock Island VR80 in open class for 3-gun. Its a clone of the Derya F12 shotgun which are made in Turkey. These are popular shotguns in IPSC shotgun competitions in Europe. Currently there is a small aftermarket for the Derya F12 clones here in the US and I expect it to grow as more Turkish shotguns are imported. My VR80 has had some growing pains in 3-gun that I'm still trying to figure out. But the ability to have 20+ rounds of 12ga for a stage is pretty nice. Time will tell if I keep this one or not. I'll try to post some vids of me running my VR80 from the last competition I shot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom