Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    In a sense, I think it is.

Mostly in the inept response of those in power.
    It will create a huge debris field!
    It's very large, but is mostly gas. This is not a space shuttle we are talking about.
    It really can't gather that much intelligence!
    Tell me you are not doing your job without saying "I am not doing my job."

When I said more dangerous, I meant in reference to any information it might be able to gather.

I posted yesterday about the debris field.
    Military Camp

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Got any math nerds that would like to calculate the payload weight estimate? They said the balloon was 'the size of three city busses.' I'm reasonably confident the 'danger to the public' is minimal, considering it's over friggin' Montana

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    When I said more dangerous, I meant in reference to any information it might be able to gather.

I posted yesterday about the debris field.
    Another interesting point. The officials said it can't get much of value that satellites don't already get. But I doubt they even know what the payload is .
    Perhaps it is not even here to gather, but DELIVER? New corona variant, commie propaganda leaflets?
    I don't think they have a clue.
    And that could be dangerous.

Oh, one last thing: it's possible that it could have a technical glitch and end up falling from high altitude anyway.
    Would it not be better to help it down while over an unpopulated area?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Reported this has happened before several times. Now they announce it? China says it's a weather balloon. Payload of weather balloons isn't that big and they fall out of the sky all the time.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    USS Pueblo

This intrusion into the territorial boundaries of North Korea was considered an International Incident in 1968, yet China's invasion of the United States air space doesn't get a response. This says much about the leadership of biden and his administration.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I have heard "it's a balloon" before from our govt.

Maybe it's ET?
    Maybe they are emitting a virus or their version of COVID from their planet in our atmosphere.
    (Can you tell I watch Neil DeGrasse Tyson...lol)

SHOOT THE DANG THING DOWN!

If it did fall on my house, and/or damaged it I would be in the history books and it would be mine... WORTH IT!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    1675444686287.png

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Unless it came over the north pole, I'm seriously disappointed that Oregon's ANG let that shit get by. Unless its changed, the OR ANG was responsible for CAP missions all along the west coast. They always had two fully armed F-15's on standby and could be airborn in minutes within the detection of a threat. Why they didn't shoot this bastard down is beyond me. Shit, its a balloon - they could've sent a helicopter up after it and given the gunner some practice on a slow mover. Plenty of unpopulated or very sparsely populated areas they could've shot it down over. And it probably got picked up on radar out over the Pacific - shoot he bastard down over the ocean and let it sink, or give the Navy some practice in recovering the thing.

This is no doubt a probe to see our response, as in we the people, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they paid off Biden & Co to purposefully let it slip by. Next one could have a nuke, or biological or chemical weapon. They could paint the next one bright pink or rainbow colored and people would welcome it, then BOOM.

Top Bottom