Join TexasGunTalk

Lone Star Indoor Range Lumberton TX

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Jon Payne, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    How many of ya'll shoot or have shot there?

2. fishingsetx

fishingsetx Well-Known

Feb 15, 2015
    I know this is an old thread, but I've shot at lonestar. It's not too bad on weekdays, just a bit expensive ($15 a lane last time I was there). It's packed on weekends. I shoot a lot of black powder, so it's pretty much out for me. If you are looking for a range to go shoot at and you shoot regularly, check out becoming a member of the golden Triangle gun Club if you haven't already. It's $200 for your first year ($100 initiation and $100 per year). It's $100 after that. It's a really nice place and we'll worth the money! Heck, I make my money back just picking up brass in the first month or two!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

3. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    Have you checked out the Orange Gun Club?

4. fishingsetx

fishingsetx Well-Known

Feb 15, 2015
    I live in silsbee and work in Beaumont so orange is quite a bit out of the way. GtGC is about 5 mins from my work. I have been out there about 15 years ago for a "class III" shoot. Don't remember much other than seeing a big loud guy knocked off his stool shooting a .50 BMG.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

5. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    If you're interested you really need to see everything they have to offer. There's several that drive from the Houston area to use it.

6. fishingsetx

fishingsetx Well-Known

Feb 15, 2015
    Might have to drive over there some time and check it out. I normally only get to hit the range on weekday evenings after work (3:30), so the drive would be a deal killer, but if they allow you to pay for the day, it might be fun to go shoot one weekend.

7. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Check out Golden Triangle Gun Club (GTGC) in Beaumont. Been a member there for many years and enjoyed their rifle competition events.

http://www.gtgctx.org/

Flash

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    I competed there too several years ago.

9. Envious Bassin

Envious Bassin New Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Freeport
    Don’t forget legers went there this past weekend wasn’t to bad in my opinion out to 200 yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk