• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    I mounted an optic on a Glock mos model. The torx bit stripped.

I did get another t10 bit. However, i torqued it to specification 24 hours AFTER I applied blue 242 loctite. I imagine I should reapply it? Not super motivated to do that, it’s pretty low viscosity and clean up is kind of a pain.

I know some of you use the red permanent loctite because it is easier to manage as a gel. However, not wanting to take a blow torch to the optic to remove it from the slide.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Blue loctite torque at that time do not wait 24 hrs. Never over torque infact if it says 3 inch pounds do 2.5
    It only takes a small drop of Loctite per screw.
    I use the diameter of the the screw as a drop guide. Look at the bottom of the screw and apply that much to the threads it will spread as needed when installed.
    Don't ever use red on firearm screws.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I mounted an optic on a Glock mos model. The torx bit stripped.

I did get another t10 bit. However, i torqued it to specification 24 hours AFTER I applied blue 242 loctite. I imagine I should reapply it? Not super motivated to do that, it’s pretty low viscosity and clean up is kind of a pain.

I know some of you use the red permanent loctite because it is easier to manage as a gel. However, not wanting to take a blow torch to the optic to remove it from the slide.
    I use Orange 25005. No issues removing screws, and haven't had anything come loose, and the gel makes it easy to use.

IMG_4086.jpg

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Oldag is correct and purple is probably sufficient in most situations. That being said virtually every scope mfg. will either send screws precoated in blue, supply small tube of blue or recommend blue loctite.
    In a pinch I have as well used the wife’s nail polish. Works like a champ. I will say this about the nail polish trick. Try and pick clear. When you put it on the shelf, it is a lot easier to explain to others than various shades of pink.
    My circle of friends, ya ain’t talking your way out of that one.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Oldag is correct and purple is probably sufficient in most situations. That being said virtually every scope mfg. will either send screws precoated in blue, supply small tube of blue or recommend blue loctite.
    In a pinch I have as well used the wife’s nail polish. Works like a champ. I will say this about the nail polish trick. Try and pick clear. When you put it on the shelf, it is a lot easier to explain to others than various shades of pink.
    My circle of friends, ya ain’t talking your way out of that one.
    I use nail polish on the fasteners on my 3d printers if I run out of blue thread seal.

Top Bottom