• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyB313

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2022
    Austin, TX
    Hi, I have a Browning Sterling gun safe that I am going to try selling. When I came into possession of the safe, it was missing the key and it needs to have the combination reset. I was going to hire a locksmith to fix these issues, but I am not sure if this is something I should do before the sale. Would the new owner rather be the one to have it rekeyed and have the combo set for them personally? I was planning to sell the safe for less (of course) if it still needs to be serviced by a locksmith.

Thank you in advance for any knowledge you might be able to share with me!
    DK Firearms

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    Personally, If I was purchasing, I would prefer to do the change over myself. You could also work a deal out with a local locksmith to include the change in your sale price if that makes a difference to someone or at least give them an idea of the price. There are also those that might not care and want to save the cash.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    This kinda like selling a house. Do minimal for the buyer. So that means the safe should be operable and will lock. I would not want to buy an inoperable unit. So have it fixed by locksmith and provide buyer combo and keys, with instructions on how to change combo and locksmith info if they want do efferent keys

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom