• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not talking about being "responsible" for what a thief does, just not wanting to make my property extremely easy to steal.
    Just different perspectives.

Someone can break into my house as easily as they can break into my car.

I have insurance. If the gun is stolen, I will file a claim. So it is not a matter of money.

I am not aware of any burglary in my neighborhood since we moved in some years ago. No house or car broken into. Can it happen? Of course. But I look at probabilities and the cost of the that probability hitting. The former is tiny and the latter is zero dollars.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You guys do whatever you want regarding leaving a gun or other valuables in a vehicle overnight. I'm not doing it. Some of the guns people have might not be replaceable or have some personal meaning (gift from family member, etc.). Why not just leave your vehicle unlocked so the thief can just take what they want without damaging the rest of the vehicle?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You guys do whatever you want regarding leaving a gun or other valuables in a vehicle overnight. I'm not doing it. Some of the guns people have might not be replaceable or have some personal meaning (gift from family member, etc.). Why not just leave your vehicle unlocked so the thief can just take what they want without damaging the rest of the vehicle?
    I am not telling anyone else what to do. Just responding to criticism of what I do.

I don't have a gun in the car that is not replaceable. Nor one with sentimental value. I probably could leave the car unlocked (as was done when I was growing up) around here.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What is so uncomfortable or difficult about just ......... taking a gun from your car inside the house?
    What is so bad about leaving it hidden in the vehicle?

Not like I have "Protected by S&W" bumper stickers on the vehicle.

What do you do when you leave home? Do you hire armed security to guard your guns when you leave the house?

Do what you wish, what you are comfortable with. And I will do what I am comfortable with.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

We are not talking about an expensive or hard to replace item. We are speaking of an easily replaceable inexpensive insurance policy. You are talking apples to oranges.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Why not just leave your vehicle unlocked so the thief can just take what they want without damaging the rest of the vehicle?

When we lived at the beach in CA, thieves were so brazen, they’d bust windows to get the change in your ashtray.

So lots of folks just left their cars unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

texas yankee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    "A truck is replaceable" - I'm not a heartless guy, and sure, I'd hate to shoot anyone, and yeah, a car is replaceable - BUT, where do ya draw the line as far as something being replaceable? I certainly don't wanna take the hit on replacing my car (even if it's a $250 junker), or anything else, if I wasn't to blame for it needing to be replaced, assuming I didn't leave the keys in the car, etc.. I don't think it's as simple as "what's a life worth", because the scumbags that do this kind of stuff have likely inflicted their crimes on countless victims and looking at one instance of one of their many crimes isn't an accurate picture of the pain, suffering and financial impacts that they've caused. It's kinda like those folks that walk into some of the blue-state stores and walk out $800 worth of stuff knowing that their crime isn't going to be prosecuted - why $800? Why not $500, or $1000?

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Unless a person has a secured garage......leaving valuable items in a vehicle overnight is a dumb ass move......dont be surprised when items are stolen.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Protection of my property is my business.

What my property is worth is no one’s business.

The value of my property isn’t defined by those who want to steal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom