• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Whew, my life has been totally nuts the last few months. We picked up a few new projects at work and that pushed me into the realm of “insane hours.” (I logged over 1200hrs from April 1 to July 31) at my day job. So my gig on the weekends has been put on hold for a bit. This saddens me as I used it to unwind from the week, and I enjoy the outdoors jobs more than being a keyboard jockey.

Britt has been well; she decided that she wants to take a path other than accounting. So she is back in school picking up another degree. She has also picked up much of my slack around the house. She keeps bugging me for a new CC gun. The one she has is just fine, but no…….

Kid #1 turned 9, and finally showing an interest in firearms. It’s funny how he had very little desire to shoot or hunt, it was always video games, or fishing. Then he “helped” me on a reloading session. Wow I am not sure what clicked but ever since he has been captivated. I guess the progressive press was a joy of movement, precision, and function. He really really wanted to know how good his bullets were. Ever since then he has been challenging us to target shooting contest. He even asked me about going hunting a few times.

Kid #2 is now 4. Well our biggest problem is getting him to talk about anything other than guns, and monster trucks. It’s all he wants to do. Bla bla bla guns, Grave Digger, Guns, Avenger, Guns, Bigfoot. It’s a bit much even for me……
    Gun Zone Deals

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Welcome back! Now get to work! Your break time is officially over.

Sounds like lots if stuff to do. Hope working that much means you get to take some time off later in the year. Maybe visit the ranch for a couple weeks of downtime. (well, a different type of work anyway)

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    How's your arm healing up?

Thanks for asking, my arm is about 75%. This is good enough to hold a beer with one hand. Beer will help the healing so I should be fine. I dont remember healing taking so long.....

Welcome back! Now get to work! Your break time is officially over.

Sounds like lots if stuff to do. Hope working that much means you get to take some time off later in the year. Maybe visit the ranch for a couple weeks of downtime. (well, a different type of work anyway)

I just got back from the ranch, it was nice, I cant wait to go back.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Well... it's about time you came back on here. I was starting to think you had abandoned us for another few months. :rolleyes:

Glad your arm is feeling better, but I think maybe - in all seriousness - that you are taking a bit long to heal. Of course, I'm no doctor.
    What does your doc say about it?

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Well... it's about time you came back on here. I was starting to think you had abandoned us for another few months. :rolleyes:

Glad your arm is feeling better, but I think maybe - in all seriousness - that you are taking a bit long to heal. Of course, I'm no doctor.
    What does your doc say about it?

well as to abandoning you... the new ranch house will be done soon, so I just might
    My doc said as bad as I was torn up that it would take a year to recover. I really didnt think it would take that long, but damn its about right on track.

brittani555

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Austin
    i have to say it was endearing to see our names and friends interested in our updates : > we're alive peeps.... waiting on a poll to post....

Top Bottom