• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24DONE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    kerr
    Killin some time Saturday as my wife was Christmas shopping. Drove over to Live Oak show about 10am. Looked like 100 people in line at 10am! Parking was above full. Lots of ammo going out the door. Don't think you could find an AR under $1,500.00 and people were buying them! AR's that i could see priced were $1,800-2,400. AR mag prices were double or more. Found myself a 1917 stock with metal in good shape for $40. But the entertainment value was worth the admission price.
    Texas SOT

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I went after work myself just to see what it would be like and it was sad. I guess after a while you get to know who are real firearms collectors and shooters and those who are not. The place seemed to be filled with the latter. Most of them from the conversations I was listening too really hadn't had a clue as to what anything was priced at a week or two ago, they were just told to get what you can and get it now. There weren't many AR or AK style firearms, as I expected and most vendors were rather bare.
    Let them get it out of their system, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the market back to more reasonable pricing and the rest of us can top off and pray Barry doesn't get his way.

CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    This show, was the craziest packed show I've ever been to. If Darwin doesn't fvck this up, he might pull off some kind of miracle

glenn61

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Schertz, Tx
    Never really heard anything good about this Live Oak show. Have always focused on the big one at Freeman. Who knows if there prices will get just as ridiculous as the ones at Live Oak.

Top Bottom