• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    gonna throw this out there before bed. ive always been a sport bike fan and after several others that were close,so this last year i purchased an R6. freaking love riding this bike but my wife hates the back so she wont ride it with me. my riding buddy crashed his crap a while ago so its just me. went to the Harley shop because it was raining and the wife likes the Swithcback with the seats and crap. kinda torn on what to do. keep the R6 and keep riding solo or sell it and buy a cruiser that the wife will ride with me. Kinda feel sick when i think about selling the Yamaha though not gonna lie.
    Target Sports

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    what do you enjoy?

Do you like carving through corners or just the ride?

I was luck y my wife wasnt on my bike when I went down. I was pushing the limits that day and nobody but myself to blame. I would have felt horrible if my wife even had a scratch to her. I had minor surgery, road rash, a concussion, and some titanium pins.

If you cruise around, I would say get something you both enjoy. If you like to carve the curves, then keep your R6 and keep your loved ones out of harms way.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    i dont go nuts on my bike by any means, but i just like the ability to lean and power through corners. maybe ill change my mind when we go test ride one next week.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am an ex-sportbike rider, last bike was a CBR1000RR, sold it & my other 2 bikes I had at the time (one track bike) because I figured Iwas gonna kill myself on the street.
    I have to stop myself from buying another on a regular basis.

Had to end up buying a car to get my "need for speed" fix, lol......

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Keep you your R6 and buy another used cruiser and teach her how to ride. Then you can go two up, or ride separately whatever suits your mood.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    You need two bikes to cover your needs. Welcome to Multiple Bike Syndrome. Do not EVER let her sit on a Goldwing.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Look at the Yamaha FJR. It rides like a sportbike and works great for two up riding. All you have to do is lose the bags and it's a sportbike again!

10MS_FJR1300A_sil_S3_2a53eae0.jpg

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    I would love to have two bikes, but i dont have the room. ive talked to her about learning to ride but thats like teaching a lazy dog to do a trick. as for the sport touring bikes: not a huge fan. they remind me of the parent who refuses to dress their age and tries to look as young as their child when they go out. if you want a cruiser, get one. if not stay on a sport bike. as for the goldwing. we rode my grandpa's a few times and really enjoyed it; but its not gonna happen. 6Speed: if your looking for a sport bike, i know a fella really well whos selling an R6 lol.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    sport touring bikes: not a huge fan. they remind me of the parent who refuses to dress their age and tries to look as young as their child when they go out.
    I would say they are a little nerdy, but that's probably why I like them. How do you feel about the "touring enduros" like a BMW Adventure?

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    Funny you mention the BMW because i just watched a TV show about the making of those things. a lot goes into them and the concept is cool, but it still one of those things where you say you own a bike, just not which one. its like when you were a kid and you made out with a girl for the first time. some girls you brag about and the others you say you did, but never ever, ever mention who that girl was.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm a little confused, no one has suggested a new WIFE.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!!
    It's been too long since I've had a bike and I really miss having one, especially come spring & fall. I suspect the perfect bike is much like the perfect boat, neither exist.

Good luck in your quest.

Top Bottom