• Status
    Not open for further replies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I was too ignorant to find anything about it in the trespass laws posted.

What the data does tell us is that UCW in it’s variety of flavors (prohibited weapon/prohibited place/prohibited person) is what’s going to get an arrest or conviction. Keeping that in mind, cops don’t usually hangout at private property looking for probable cause, much of the back and forth here is about opinions and not data. It’s cute and I love these guys, but this is what all that amounts to.
    3b7f02bf903a1de2469041db21c30f31.jpg

According to DPS data, a conviction for 30.05* or 30.06 isn’t on record and only a handful for 30.07. The .07 convictions were after oral notice given (by the cop that got called) and 05 hasn’t been around long enough to get meaningful data.

For all practical purposes, signs are fairly worthless if you’re not an asshole.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    05/06/07 signs are way different than "no guns allowed" signs like Axxe said, and I asked about.

Other than being attached to the Texas Penal Code, they (.05/.06/.07 signs) in practice are no different than a gun buster icon. I could dig thru the code for reasons why, but for most situations the state has said trespassing (which is what all this boils down to) requires oral notice to leave.

Now, if everyone is being searched (even with as little as a magnetometer) as a condition of entry, the rules change.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This is the issue under discussion; if there was no invitation in, then most would say that it does.

It is after the owner had invited the public to enter, even advertised it; then how much weight does it still carry”.

A “conflict of rights”.

?
    THERE IS NO CONFLICT OF RIGHTS OTHER THAN IN YOUR NAIVE AND DELUDED MIND PRIVATE PROPERTY STILL BELONGS TO THE PROPERTY IN YOUR WAY OF THINKING OWNERIN YOUR WAY OF THINKING IF YOU POST A NO SMOKING SIGNAT YOUR FRONT DOOR DOES THAT MEAN ANYONE CAN WALKINTO YOUR HOME AND LIGHT UP A CIGAR WITHOUT ANY CONQUENCES? BECUASE A PERSON COULD ARGUE THE SIGN DOESN'T CARRY THE WEIGHT OF THE LAW SO THERFOR CAN BE IGNORED!THE PROPERTY OWN CAN AT ANY TIME DECIDE WHAT THE DEEM TO BE TRESPASSINGI'LL RVEN SUSPECT THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE LAW IS GOING TO BE ON THE SIDE OF THE PROPERTY OOWNER NOT THE GUEST WHOIGNOREDA SIGN!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    For all practical purposes, signs are fairly worthless if you’re not an asshole.
    I agree and herein lies the rub. The obverse applies to a preponderance of the membership, causing said signage to be the opposite of fairly worthless, present company excluded.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    THERE IS NO CONFLICT OF RIGHTS OTHER THAN IN YOUR NAIVE AND DELUDED MIND PRIVATE PROPERTY STILL BELONGS TO THE PROPERTY IN YOUR WAY OF THINKING OWNERIN YOUR WAY OF THINKING IF YOU POST A NO SMOKING SIGNAT YOUR FRONT DOOR DOES THAT MEAN ANYONE CAN WALKINTO YOUR HOME AND LIGHT UP A CIGAR WITHOUT ANY CONQUENCES? BECUASE A PERSON COULD ARGUE THE SIGN DOESN'T CARRY THE WEIGHT OF THE LAW SO THERFOR CAN BE IGNORED!THE PROPERTY OWN CAN AT ANY TIME DECIDE WHAT THE DEEM TO BE TRESPASSINGI'LL RVEN SUSPECT THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE LAW IS GOING TO BE ON THE SIDE OF THE PROPERTY OOWNER NOT THE GUEST WHOIGNOREDA SIGN!
    THE ONLY CONFLICT THATMAKES ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER IS WHAT THE HECK IS THE MUHPRIVATE P=ROPERTY OWNER GONNA DO WHEN YOU CONCEAL AND CARRY EVEN IF HE HAS A CRAYON SIGN WITH A FROWNY FACE AND A CARTOON GUN? I CAN PUT UP A SIGN ON MY STORE THAT SAYS NO BUTTRANGERS BUT THE SHERIFF AINT GONNA COME AND ARREST YOU FRO BEING GAY.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    THE ONLY CONFLICT THATMAKES ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER IS WHAT THE HECK IS THE MUHPRIVATE P=ROPERTY OWNER GONNA DO WHEN YOU CONCEAL AND CARRY EVEN IF HE HAS A CRAYON SIGN WITH A FROWNY FACE AND A CARTOON GUN? I CAN PUT UP A SIGN ON MY STORE THAT SAYS NO BUTTRANGERS BUT THE SHERIFF AINT GONNA COME AND ARREST YOU FRO BEING GAY.
    SIMPLE HE ASKS YOU TO LEAVE THE ESTABLISHMENT!

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    He's recovering from a stroke. What's your excuse? Or are you being a jerk?
    Seems able to challenge others’ thoughts on criminal trespass and applicability of signage and talk about dropping the soap. If you want to attack someone’s point of view from a weak position o understanding the law and be generally argumentative, then don’t cry stroke when someone gives it back to you. Or maybe I’m just drunk.…

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Seems able to challenge others’ thoughts on criminal trespass and applicability of signage and talk about dropping the soap. If you want to attack someone’s point of view from a weak position o understanding the law and be generally argumentative, then don’t cry stroke when someone gives it back to you. Or maybe I’m just drunk.…

Dude. Step back and listen to yourself. Axxe had a stroke a few months ago. He's getting the use of half his body back. It doesn't affect his reasoning. What's affecting your attitude here?

And he didn't "cry stroke", I informed you of it. He and I are not the same person.

If you think your position is so strong, maybe don't start mocking someone when you're trying to debate them.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Homework for the day.
    Joke
    Humor
    Satire and the concepts of their use.

If you have time read your post about attacking people from a weak position and what it says about you.

Oh and axx has never said a word about his stroke in the wat you insinuate.

Seriously find a mirror.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom