Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What are you selling? To support the site to answer your question.
    Given that this is the NRA subforum, I think he's asking about life membership in the NRA, not on TGT.

Why should I buy a lifetime member membership? Not sure I see what the benefits are
    There are some minor perks at the annual meetings. Mainly, you're just supporting the NRA. There's some meaningless swag, too.

I'm a Golden Eagle which means I've bought myself 4 (IIRC) life memberships. I'm losing Golden Eagle status this year because I'm unwilling to continue sending money to an organization that's made so many unforced errors in the past few decades.

The Life membership route is something I can no longer endorse.

Orionsic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2022
    Houston
    Given that this is the NRA subforum, I think he's asking about life membership in the NRA, not on TGT.

There are some minor perks at the annual meetings. Mainly, you're just supporting the NRA. There's some meaningless swag, too.

I'm a Golden Eagle which means I've bought myself 4 (IIRC) life memberships. I'm losing Golden Eagle status this year because I'm unwilling to continue sending money to an organization that's made so many unforced errors in the past few decades.

I saw a lifetime membership package at 750, thinking about getting it, however I agree with some of the sentiment. I shoot 2700 matches, so i need to have this membership to shoot every year.. Just dont see the justification for the price.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I shoot 2700 matches, so i need to have this membership to shoot every year.
    You'll also need it to join most gun clubs. Bayou Rifles requires it and that's definitely one club you should join.

There have been a few threads on the board discussing their membership procedures. It would profit you to search for them and take notes.

In the meantime, have you perused this?

Orionsic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2022
    Houston
    You'll also need it to join most gun clubs. Bayou Rifles requires it and that's definitely one club you should join.

There have been a few threads on the board discussing their membership procedures. It would profit you to search for them and take notes.

In the meantime, have you perused this?
    No, but that’s an excellent thread… good share.. Thanks, I’ll check this out.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Why should I buy a lifetime member membership? Not sure I see what the benefits are
    The only benefit of a Life membership in the nra is for the nra. You can decide you no longer wish to support the actions of the nra , however they already have your money and use it as they choose.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I saw a lifetime membership package at 750, thinking about getting it, however I agree with some of the sentiment. I shoot 2700 matches, so i need to have this membership to shoot every year.. Just dont see the justification for the price.
    Hold out they will most likely offer you lifetime member for about 350
    Years ago I paid the $750 lifetime membership and shortly thereafter received an offer for the same lifetime membership at $350.
    The nra will never see a cent from me during my "lifetime". One of my interests in guns was to prevent being robbed- the only robbery I had was from the nra.

Top Bottom