• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    It's been a bit over six months since she "poofed".
    I had just began to foster
    20201024_153124.jpg
    a rhodesian ridgeback puppy at the time. That pup and I are now inseparable!
    The ex actually called me last week, and I actually answered. It was an awkward conversation. I think she expected me to beg her to come back. I didn't. It was a cordial conversation, and at the end we wished each other the best.
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Something I have observed about women over the years. Some women, don't realize what a good thing they have until it's gone. (Just like some men.)

The walk out on you looking for greener pastures, then that want you back once the realize someone else is interested, or that you have gotten over them and moved on.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Thanks!
    Here is another photo.

20201024_153219.jpg

She had a bit of a rough night last night. I picked up some 55 gallon drums that originally had rendered pork fat in them. The plan is to make a wood burning stove out of the barrels and put it in the barn. Evidently she got into one of the barrels (my fault for not securing them) and ate some of the pork fat that was settled at the bottom.
    When I got up this morning the washroom where she sleeps was a mess. It smells like Clorox now - which is a lot better than it smelled when I got up.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    RR's are beautiful animals, and tend to be "one-man" dogs. I ran into one years ago at a shop - the owner was amazed that he actually let me pet him. By the time I left, I think he wanted to go home with me....lol I've always gotten alone well with dogs, especially large ones. You can have those foo-foo small dogs.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    RR's are beautiful animals, and tend to be "one-man" dogs. I ran into one years ago at a shop - the owner was amazed that he actually let me pet him. By the time I left, I think he wanted to go home with me....lol I've always gotten alone well with dogs, especially large ones. You can have those foo-foo small dogs.

Up until a some years ago, I never had a small dog breed. We rescued a baby Chihuahua that has become a big part of our family. When I lost Sparky, our Shih Tzu, he was almost like my sidekick, going just about everywhere with me.

I usually always had medium to large breed dogs before, but the small ones can capture your heart just as easily.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I've had a large dog and people around here are scared of them. When we went to the Hill Country people hugged on him and he was one happy doggie. On the other hand, after I pass San Angelo I start feeling like I'm home too.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It's been a bit over six months since she "poofed".
    I had just began to foster View attachment 232600 a rhodesian ridgeback puppy at the time. That pup and I are now inseparable!
    The ex actually called me last week, and I actually answered. It was an awkward conversation. I think she expected me to beg her to come back. I didn't. It was a cordial conversation, and at the end we wished each other the best.
    You wound up with the more loyal female of the 2. That is a beautiful girl you have there. I call that a win.
    I had Weimaraner/Rhodesian mix for many years. My middle son brought him home to be his dog. 5 minutes later Carlie walked up to me, sat at my feet and wrapped his leg around mine, laid his head on my leg, end of story. I was his. No other dog allowed near me except the one my boy got to replace Charlie. And anyone that didn't belong better be really friendly or get eaten. 150 pounds of lovable dog.
    I have had Bait for for years now and I love her to death. But I still miss Charlie sometimes.
    They tend to be very loyal and sometimes possessive. But can be extremely friendly too.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom