• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've been scarce for a while due to a life- changing event. I nursed my significant- other of ten-years back to health recently, only to have her call it quits and ghost me for the last two months.
    It's a blessing in disguise, as my recent retirement and plans to relocate to a rural area seemed to be less-and-less appealing to her as time grew closer for it to become reality.
    Life sometimes throws has us a curve. Sometimes it kicks us in the nads.
    There were some very dark days, but every sunrise looks more promising.
    I'll be fine. God is good!
    Texas SOT

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Been there, done that - still sellin' the tshirts, brother! Sucks when you dedicate years to someone, only to discover they don't intend to reciprocate....but at least you know now, and can move on. The dude that married my second (ex) wife found out too late what a soulless bitch she is, and is in no condition to move on health-wise....so she is making his life a living hell - to the point that her own daughter is concerned for him.
    God often has surprises for us on this road called life - all we can do is adapt and overcome to the best of our ability......

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I've been scarce for a while due to a life- changing event. I nursed my significant- other of ten-years back to health recently, only to have her call it quits and ghost me for the last two months.
    It's a blessing in disguise, as my recent retirement and plans to relocate to a rural area seemed to be less-and-less appealing to her as time grew closer for it to become reality.

She showed her true colors. You can't trust someone with zero integrity so in a way she did you a favor. Enjoy the rest of the your life and don't waste another second on her

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

Yes you will and yes he is.

After 40 years of marriage, I come home to an empty house and a note that says "Have your lawyer call my lawyer". That was the last time we communicated directly. That was January 2019.

I won't bore you with all the craziness that is my Ex ... suffice it to say she made some stupid demands, to which I was very happy with and have wound up in a great place and great situation.

Every hurdle placed before me I've always emerged in a better place. Yes, God is good.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Sorry to hear this. It happens to the best of us.

In mid 1998, I came home to a empty house, business account, personal account, safe and bank safety deposit box. Lost everything, except my truck, boat and son.

It will get better. Hang in there.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Thanks, folks, I appreciate the positivity.
    As I look back, I should have seen this coming.
    I saw her do things or say things to other people of which I did not approve. I thought it was a character flaw that I could fix and teach her the morality of doing the right thing.
    I attend religious services regularly, and she never went with me, always saying that she would do so after we were married.
    Again, thanks for the kind words and support. This isn't anything I really want to talk to my kids about or share the details of with my family. You folks have given me an outlet to begin to work through this.

Top Bottom