• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    When the Good Lord is ready to take me, I am ready to go. I am not worried about prolonging that day.

I have no desire to live the last years of my life in a nursing home.

I pray that I will leave this world standing up with my boots on.

I agree.

The gist of the article was living healthy and active until the day the Lord calls us home. My dad is probably the best example that I’ve seen of someone putting it to practice. When he was in his late 50’s he cut back on the amount of food he eats, way back. And he stays active. He’s now close to 90 and aside from the fact his face looks ancient he’s strong, energetic, and sharp as a tack. That ties into what I’ve read about metabolic processes, oxidative damage, and telomeres. Basically, the process of digestion is toxic to a degree. And cutting back on calorie intake is a proven method for extending life span significantly.

The caveat with that is if a person has a genetic predisposition for cognitive impairment, they’ll live longer in a vegetative state. That would be a terrible way to live.

My brother in-law has had MS for years and is now in his early 60’s. For all intents and purposes he’s a quadriplegic, with limited movement of one arm, just barely enough to feed himself with a large wooden spoon. He’s a Rhodes scholar, a member of Mensa, and so smart it’s scary. He spends his days in front of the computer reading and researching supplements and nutrition and his efforts paid off in the fact that he’s lived significantly longer than expected, 20+ years longer. That’s quantifiable proof that nutrition, dietary restriction, and the ingestion of supplements for prophylactic reasons can extend life.

You might say, what kind of life is worth living if you’re mind is trapped in a body that’s dysfunctional. And he would answer that life is pretty much cerebral in nature, and the physical exists only thru the mind. He’s strong in faith and accepts the fact that the life he’s living is Gods plan. And he accepts that.

Mark is a fascinating man on many, many levels. He’s disabled, but it doesn’t diminish his worth. I consider myself blessed to have him in my life.
    Gun Zone Deals

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I don't remember exact numbers, but long ago I'm thinking it was around 190/115.
    Last office visit was something like 148/98.

ZX, have you considered fish oil? I take four big gel caps every day.

My doc has me on Losartan for my bp.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    My dad is probably the best example that I’ve seen of someone putting it to practice. When he was in his late 50’s he cut back on the amount of food he eats, way back. And he stays active. He’s now close to 90 and aside from the fact his face looks ancient he’s strong, energetic, and sharp as a tack.

Dad, who passed at 92 in 2016, was going on trail rides and still putting handles on some of his horses into his 90th year.

Hardly ate a damn thing, but like he said: "I eat a little bit of everything, some of it might even be good for me.". Although he'd never pass up a bowl of gumbo and rice.

Dad just gave up on living after Mom died, and "no sense in having a phone, every one on my call list is dead!"

At 90, still sitting a horse as well as any man, and loved by many:

Dad.jpg MrC.jpg

Attachments

• Dad.jpg
      Dad.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 411
    • MrC.jpg
      MrC.jpg
      175.8 KB · Views: 239
    Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX, have you considered fish oil? I take four big gel caps every day.

My doc has me on Losartan for my bp.

I've been taking fish oil since ~2003.
    I'm also on BP medication.
    Cholesterol medication.
    Pre diabetes medication.
    Plus several supplements.

Top Bottom