• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    MSM liberal sources are flaunting polls conducted by two commie sources on McConaughey having a double digit lead over Abbott for governor. We all know that the Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas are bastions of independent thought and unbiased political persuasion, right?

But, with 75% of the sheeple in Texas still shaking in their boots about Covid, now is the time to serve up s douche Hollywood liberal as our salvation.

Expect the faucet of twisted numbers and outright lies to be opened up month by month until we have to endure a fire hose of Leftist propaganda as they try to make an actor (by definition a master of fake identities) into a viable candidate for one of the modt important officrs in the nation.

Excuse me while I stick my finger doen my throat.

DK Firearms

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    MSM liberal sources are flaunting polls conducted by two commie sources on McConaughey having a double digit lead over Abbott for governor. We all know that the Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas are bastions of independent thought and unbiased political persuasion, right?

But, with 75% of the sheeple in Texas still shaking in their boots about Covid, now is the time to serve up s douche Hollywood liberal as our salvation.

Expect the faucet of twisted numbers and outright lies to be opened up month by month until we have to endure a fire hose of Leftist propaganda as they try to make an actor (by definition a master of fake identities) into a viable candidate for one of the modt important officrs in the nation.

Excuse me while I stick my finger doen my throat.

gdr_11,

PARDON ME for asking but HOW do you KNOW that Matt McConaughey is a DIMocRAT and/or a LIB??
    (He is known at UT to be an INDEPENDENT & "turns away" the often HOSTILE questions about his political opinions from students/staff with, "It's NOYB" & it was recently claimed in THE DAILY TEXAN that, IF he runs at all, it will be in the GOP Primary..)

MY FAVORITE POTUS of my lifetime was RONALD WILSON REAGAN & the late President was formerly a labor union activist/president, a movie actor & a Democrat, too.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Code speak.

Hoji,

Inasmuch as Matt McConaughey has blood that is as BURNT ORANGE as mine is, I may well get a chance to talk to him, "EX to EX" at a UT EXES meeting this Fall.
    IF I should get to talk to him again, I'll "lobby him" to COME OUT FOR a MANDATORY 20 YEAR SENTENCE (upon conviction) for POSSESSING ANY DEADLY WEAPON while committing or attempting a VIOLENT FELONY like ROBBERY, KIDNAPPING, HOMICIDE, HOME INVASION, MAIMING, etc.

Doing that ONE thing would likely DROP the violent crime rate by about a third, as it did when VA had that public law. = The VA law was repealed by pressure of RADICAL LIBs, who complained bitterly that the 20-year sentence "fell most heavily upon & therefore was 'patently unfair to' persons of color".
    (As far as I know BEING a VIOLENT FELON is NOT a matter of being of any one color or skin-tone.)

yours, satx
    ORANGEBLOOD for LIFE

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hoji,

Inasmuch as Matt McConaughey has blood that is as BURNT ORANGE as mine is, I may well get a chance to talk to him, "EX to EX" at a UT EXES meeting this Fall.
    IF I should get to talk to him again, I'll "lobby him" to COME OUT FOR a MANDATORY 20 YEAR SENTENCE (upon conviction) for POSSESSING ANY DEADLY WEAPON while committing or attempting a VIOLENT FELONY like ROBBERY, KIDNAPPING, HOMICIDE, HOME INVASION, MAIMING, etc.

Doing that ONE thing would likely DROP the violent crime rate by about a third, as it did when VA had that public law. = The VA law was repealed by pressure of RADICAL LIBs, who complained bitterly that the 20-year sentence "fell most heavily upon & therefore was 'patently unfair to' persons of color".
    (As far as I know BEING a VIOLENT FELON is NOT a matter of being of any one color or skin-tone.)

yours, satx
    ORANGEBLOOD for LIFE

Not disagreeing, but why do you think it would?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    satx,

No!

President Reagan was an exception!!

The vast majority of entertainers are commies and it would seem from this perspective in time that McCarthy was right all along...

Mowingmaniac24/7,

Joe MacCarthy was OFTEN 100% correct about a multitude of issues & DEAD WRONG on others.
    (Like the rest of us, he was a human being.)

Even the esteemed former VPOTUS JOHN NANCE "CACTUS JACK" GARNER, who was a close friend of my grandfather's & in whose lap that I often sat upon as a little kid when he came to visit, was FAR from perfect.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Not disagreeing, but why do you think it would?

ZXRCAM,

Because the law worked VERY WELL in VA as long as it WAS the law & the VIOLENT FELONY rate went right back up, to almost the same rate as the crime rate was before the law was passed, when the law was repealed..
    (I doubt that Texas VIOLENT CRIMINALS are much different OR less intelligent than VIOLENT CRIMINALS from Virginia are. = MOST criminals will "think twice" about committing a violent crime if they KNOW that NO EXCUSES will be accepted IF they commit a violent felony while possessing a deadly weapon.)

IF the violent felon still does/attempts the crime, gets caught, while possessing any deadly weapon & is convicted, he/she "goes away" for 20 years w/o the possibility of "plea bargains", "failure to prosecute", probation and/or parole. Just 20 years HARD TIIME = That's WHY.

NOTE: The "VIOLENT FELON IN POSSESSION" is a REALLY EASY conviction for the state to get to put a vicious criminal into PRISON for 20 YEARS. = The FELON either DID/DID NOT "actually possess" a DEADLY WEAPON WHILE COMMITTING a FELONY & that is ALL that is necessary for the REQUIRED sentence to be IMPOSED..

yours, satx

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    satx,

No!

President Reagan was an exception!!

The vast majority of entertainers are commies and it would seem from this perspective in time that McCarthy was right all along...
    Reagan was not that much of an exception. Most of our modern gun ( assault weapon bullshit)control started with him.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ZX9RCAM; All,

ONE of the biggest "group belly laughs" that I've ever heard in a court case was when a lawyer in a VA robbery case tried to argue that a 28" MACHETE was NOT "a deadly weapon, that could be used to wound, maim and/or kill a natural person". = Even the defendant was LOL.

yours, satx

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Nope! Sounds like he wants common sense gun laws and compromise. I should say, more compromise.

"The two sides (have) got to talk. Because we both agree that there's an epidemic. We both agree something has got to change. So I was for what they were marching for, and I wanted to speak to my hometown on the capital of my state Texas' steps. And also talk to the many men and women who I grew up with, I know that had the guns, that owned the guns, and say hey, do we really, where can we reach across the aisle here? Find a compromise for the betterment of all of us?"

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Imagine being so stupid that you want to elect a sociopath who recites lines into a camera because instagram or whatever the hell told you to do so.
    Hell man! He is a fricking Longhorn Legend! LOL!!

Top Bottom