• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I have quit Levi’s, Progressive Insurance, COSTCO, Yeti, Pepsico-Frito Lay, Pepperidge Farm, etc. over their anti-Constitutional public policies, I’ll just add Leupold to that list. Sadly, I still have several of their riflescopes. We share a duty to not support our common enemies with our business.
    Military Camp

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If you order one I want to look through it.

Have you considered Arken? My fil has been a dealer for em and I have been impressed. They are outsourced but ran by vets. Good company and the scope you get for the money is great. Durable too. They do drop testing. Harsh drop testing.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If you order one I want to look through it.

Have you considered Arken? My fil has been a dealer for em and I have been impressed. They are outsourced but ran by vets. Good company and the scope you get for the money is great. Durable too. They do drop testing. Harsh drop testing.
    Yea I remember he showed me the one he had on an M1A. Hard to believe it is priced the way it is. Are those made in China or Taiwan?

I bought the Leica Amplus recently. Its going on my sauer 308 once I get a chance

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think I’ll join the arken club. Been looking for that brand after Nikon stopped producing.

I think what you get for the money is great.

Reactions: MTA

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Vortex here I come!
    So Leupold is an offender of American values but still makes all their named brand scopes in America. I beg to differ, name an all American made scope in the sub $1000.00 price tag and I’ll consider it. It’s kind of shameful to say on one hand that Leupold is a bad company then say Vortex is a company that (in other words), instills American values when their whole line is made in either China or Japan where they are guilty of atrocities against their own citizens. Sorry to put it that way but that’s the truth. “BUY AMERICAN” !

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Just got my 2-7x Burris Scout scope. Made in Philippines.
    I just bought a Leupold vx3 4.5-14x 40 with a windplex and side focus. And it’s absolutely an awesome accurate scope. It replaced the Burris fulfield E1 that after about 10 rounds it went out of adjustment over and over. Had to re-zero every ten or so rounds. It had to go. Only American made will ever be in my gunsafe!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    So in the end does it all really matter?
    They've been teamed up with Japan or China for at least 2 decades already. Right along with Danner boots another Oregon based Co.
    Oregon has gone full retard liberal.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Leupold is trying to survive in Crazy Oregon. That is a tall order. We moved out. Their optics have always performed well for me and are made in the USA. That counts.
    <>

Like you, I used Leupold scopes exculsively for some 40 years.

BUT,

We are in a WAR, and are being attacked, many attacks financed by our domestic enemies.

NO ! No dealing with the ENEMY !

While I’m at it, that includes Pepsico/Frito-LAY, COSTCO, LEVI’S, YETI, Sara Lee, SubWay, Target Stores, etc.

It is a WAR. They plan to kill us and enslave our children.

Which part of this don’t you understand ?

leVieux

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Leupold is working to fight the Measure 114 monstrosity in Oregon.
    Quote from that article: “As the NSSF and others have shown, Ballot Measure 114 does nothing to curb violence and instead simply threatens the rights of law-abiding gun owners and hunters throughout Oregon,” said Bruce Pettet, President and Chief Executive Officer for Leupold & Stevens, Inc. “It is universally opposed by law enforcement agencies and conservation groups alike and is a violation of the Second Amendment rights that all hunters and gun owners hold dear. We stand with the NSSF and are ready to do everything we can to support the cause.”

Attached is a screen grab of the Leupold Supports Page from their website and it has
    very solid and traditional American Values. I would prefer they would support say FPC
    or GOA versus continuing to support the Cult of Wayne.
    Link: https://www.leupold.com/partnerships
    LeupoldSupports.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

Like you, I used Leupold scopes exculsively for some 40 years.

BUT,

We are in a WAR, and are being attacked, many attacks financed by our domestic enemies.

NO ! No dealing with the ENEMY !

While I’m at it, that includes Pepsico/Frito-LAY, COSTCO, LEVI’S, YETI, Sara Lee, SubWay, Target Stores, etc.

It is a WAR. They plan to kill us and enslave our children.

Which part of this don’t you understand ?

leVieux
    you trelly believe that you as one person is affecting any changein all those companies?

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    They do have a diversity statement https://www.leupold.com/core-values although it's annoying any company feels compelled to address that lunacy, that is about as benign as it gets, and as posted, don't appear to be abandoning 'murica. https://www.leupold.com/blog/post/american-manufacturing-heritage

Others have mentioned and I 100% agree, at multiple price points they used to be THE option. Today, they have legit competition across the spectrum. Still great customer service and a solid product, so while they haven't been my default pick for quite some time, they certainly aren't avoided.

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    unless i'm mistaken they can source their parts outside the usa and assemble it in the usa and claim it's american-made!
    Probably. I think "Leupold riflescopes are all designed, machined, and assembled in our Beaverton Oregon manufacturing facility. We do not have any other riflescope manufacturing facilities or offices anywhere in the world. So if you come across a Leupold riflescope being shipped into the United States from China, it is a very likely a counterfeit."
    Is about as good as it gets today.
    My Nissan truck was made in TN. My Chevy in Mexico.

Top Bottom