• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Leupold scrubbed the words "America" and "American" from their official core values over the summer and added the phrase "Celebrating our diverse workforce." They coincidentally laid off about a third of their Beaverton, Oregon workforce while making record profits selling to the US government to send to Ukraine.

An old friend of mine brought it up at their last all-employee meeting only to get chewed out by his boss's boss later that day. He was laid off a month later. Fortunately, he got hired on a Benchmade shortly after for $10 more an hour.

It sounds like CEO Bruce Pettet is making moves to gut the Beaverton staff while pretending that foreign outsourcing is a virtue in the name of diversity. When I worked near there in the early 2000s, Leupold already had a reputation for below-average wages. Pretty disappointing nevertheless.
    Capitol Armory ad

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    V-RIF, Involuntary reduction in force, dump 50% of your staff. Move 50% of your production to Taizhou, Zhejiang , P.R. CHINA. Your are now 100% more diverse that before the V-RIF. New Math. Now brag about in on your " about us" web page.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    That just about covers it. P.R. CHINA
    I don’t understand. The Burris scopes I own are all US made with Japanese glass. Their customer service has been incredible.
    Sucks to hear about Leupold. What a frucking shame. I have four old school Leupold scopes VX 1,2,3 variety. Great glass. The 4x VX has to be 40 years old

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    As another pointed out, there was a time when Leupold was the gold standard for scopes. I've had their scopes for years, and I can't tell you how many other brands I've thrown away during that time. Over the last 10 years, I've noticed that there is a LOT of competition and they're making better scopes - often at better prices. If you treat your workers like crap, you can expect to see quality go down the tube.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Thanks for sharing this. I have 2 leuopold's and the glass is very nice (at least in comparison to other glass in my collection). I will absolutely not give any money to a company that scrubs this great nation from its core values, especially in the name of B.S. DEI.

Just gotta save up and adhere to 'buy once cry once'.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Guess my next higher end scope will be a Night Force.
    When the $$$ I am spending has a comma in it, I do NOT want diversity. I want the most talented and skilled professionals you have building my product.

Sometimes diversity isn’t better.

Top Bottom