Target Sports

Let's hear a TRUE story about your most exciting adventure outdoors.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I had never been turkey hunting, and really didn't know much about it, but I really wanted a turkey for Thanksgiving and I wanted it to be one I shot. I had an old double barrel 12 gauge that I bought from a guy that was down on his luck. The barrels had been shortened and the stock cut down to a bad sort of pistol grip. The doggone thing rattled so much I was afraid it would scare off the game. Anyway, I dressed up in as much camo as I could, including painting my face green and black with some of that facepaint from Academy. As I said, I didn't have much experience and wasn't sure of what load to use. I dug through the shells I got with the shotgun and found a couple of double-ought buck, and off I went.

It took a while, but much to my surprise I spotted the biggest dang turkey I had ever seen. I eased up slowly and as quietly as I could with that rattling old shotgun. At the last second, I raised up and fired both barrels. The recoil nearly knocked the gun out of my hand and the hold shells left a cloud of smoke. When it cleared, I was amazed to find that I actually hit that turkey. Not bad for a first time out, right?

Anyway, that's why I'm banned for life from that WalMart.

Top Bottom