• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That looks awesome. For the longest time I've wanted to go skydiving. Maybe at some point I might have to find a local school and put together a TGT skydiving event! Sound interesting to anyone?

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    Man I have wanted to do that my entire life, In fact there is a sky dive school just a couple miles from my house. I can sit on the front porch and see their plane circling the field sometimes.

The palce is called Sky Dive Dallas ( http://www.skydivedallas.com/ ).

The thing for me is that I've still got school aged kids in the household and I just flatly can't see taking the risk while I still have dependents under my wing.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Man I have wanted to do that my entire life, In fact there is a sky dive school just a couple miles from my house. I can sit on the front porch and see their plane circling the field sometimes.

The palce is called Sky Dive Dallas ( http://www.skydivedallas.com/ ).

The thing for me is that I've still got school aged kids in the household and I just flatly can't see taking the risk while I still have dependents under my wing.

My friend do you know more people die falling in a bath tub and bee stings than jumping out of an aircraft. :cool:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My friend do you know more people die falling in a bath tub and bee stings than jumping out of an aircraft. :cool:

generally speaking more people bath a helluva lot mroe often than jumping out of airplanes.

even pro skydivers

;)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Most likely a jump and not an emergency, C-47s (DC-3s) were/are popular jump platforms!

Hell, I'd most likely would have stayed in the aircraft for several reasons. For one, I've always wanted to fly on a C-47 (what a great aircraft!). Secondly, it was January in Montana, I'd rather stay where it was warm!

I've got a British parachute license and earned Czechoslovak Special Forces jump wings in my "youth," these days I am not sure if my joints could take a PLF! I'd probably end up breaking something, or busting my fourth or fifth points of contact!

Cheers! M2

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    That looks like a lot of fun. I not against doing crazy stuff because crazy is fun.
    The only thing I consider when doing some Fun and crazy is if I get to live to do it again!
    Im kinda thinking the landing would be an issue with that mess.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The skydiving isn't gonna work for me but there is one thing I'd like to try.......Some skydiving places use a large fan to support the trainee on a blast of air. They are suspended in the air blast so they can practice. I'd love to try that! The problem is that I'm heavy enough to require a supercharged fan. It's not likely to happen!

The same thing happened when I was water skiing. Everyone wants to bare foot ski but that is a function of skier weight and speed. I figured it would take about 95 mph for me to barefoot ski!

Flash

Top Bottom