• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Haaaaaaappy new year everyone and God bless. Hope everyone got much time with their loved ones over these past few days and is refreshed for another year.

Ok, let's see if I can do this as well as @ehull2000. So on these days of January we will be having a 4th monthly get together. The 13th to the 16 are a Friday to a Tuesday. A few of us are flexible on the days so if you can come, feel free to suggest a day and we'll see if we can't get a few more folks out there. Once a date is chosen, PLEASE commit. We have lot's of fun, as you will see in some photos and videos from the last one (posting soon). Posted below will be screen grabs of the weather, for those days, from the United States weather forecast. As of now, the shoot will likely be in the Anthony gap, in a spot that is easily accessible to all vehicle types. Please bring a trash bag for a quick pre shoot range cleanup and to further keep the range clean as we go on with the day. Targets are not required but feel free to add to our various targets that we place at various distances. Food/drink/snacks are on you but I am more than happy to bring a couple of boxes of pizza and some drinks, if decided. Please plan accordingly.

The time of day will be determined, though is usually between noon and 2, to around sun down.

Please take note, those of us who go have very good range educate. We keep safety as a very serious top priority. We are all seasoned shooters who are happy to help in areas where we excel, but are even more happy to be helped in areas where we lack. So regardless your skill level, or time behind a trigger, we are more than happy to have you and look forward to meeting you all out there. Please respond here, or if you come last minute, feel free to text me at 915 790 6771.

Photos and short video from the last shoot will be posted soon. God bless you all and please have an amazing year fellas.

-Jon

As to the forecast, it only goes out to the 14th, so I will update with photos for the 15th and 16, in a couple of days.

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 8.30.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 8.30.40 AM.png
    Gun Zone Deals

Desert Citizen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    El Paso, TX
    This sounds great! I'm new to this website so I have a couple of questions if you guys don't mind:

Do I have to RSVP or something to be able to attend?

Will there be any sort of drills or exercises going on, or will it be more of just a casual range day?

Can I take some tactical gear (plate carrier and belt) to test my current setup, or would that sort of equipment be frowned upon?

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    This sounds great! I'm new to this website so I have a couple of questions if you guys don't mind:

Do I have to RSVP or something to be able to attend?

Will there be any sort of drills or exercises going on, or will it be more of just a casual range day?

Can I take some tactical gear (plate carrier and belt) to test my current setup, or would that sort of equipment be frowned upon?

Heyyyy good to make your acquaintance, ...?

Name's Jon. I'll do my best to satisfy the questions and the implications therein.

1. Do I have to RSVP?

No sir. Any and all are welcome, and at any time. If you call ten minutes before we head from the meet up place, to the shooting place, you're in. To be more informative, the Texans in central and east Texas do these meets and they get a lot of folks and have tons of fun. We are basically trying to form that sort of environment and camaraderie here.

2. Will there be any sort of drills or exercises going on?

BOTH, and either/or. The first two were pretty casual but as we had the same four folks the next two and were immediately comfortable with each other, we did begin to do drills, and on the last one, we had a fellow bring a contraption that you will see in the pics/video, that actually was a very good idea and provided some very real, or emulated stimulation to the drills. This fellow is basically the "range daddy", though all of us are comfortable in the leadership position. He seems to be the most experienced and forward thinking, and so... "daddy". All very intellectual and awesome guys though. All of your ideas are welcome and we will more than happily run a drill, in the middle of casual shooting, if you so desire. This is about compromise and brotherhood.

3. Can I take tac gear (larping equipment) for testing purposes, or will I be laughed back to "poser" land?

N to the MFing NO you will not be looked down on. Larp at your heart's desire and we not only commend, but condone the mind set that is forward thinking enough to train in their gear and test it out. YOU are the militia. That is THEE purpose of the American Citizenry as our duty to God and country, so although some of us are very casual, and even though you will be made fun of if you show up in full riot gear all in fun, we all just want you to be who your are, given you have good values, are well intended, and care as much about us, as we do you.

I myself have several PC's that are plated, a few belt setups, and one of our guys has one that makes me jealous. Don't tell him I told you but it's the new GBRS belt and I'm gonna steal it one of these range days. I have brought fully outfitted gun belt to each day but have not used it. If it makes you feel more comfortable, I'll dress up with you and WE... WILL... LEAP FROG. Just keep in mind, I am the biggest "poser" on Earth, so be free, my friend.

So feel free to give me text and if you end up making it out, it'll be a pleasure. We wish you well and God bless.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    UPDATE ON THE DAY AND TIME

This day and time is set in stone as a member has to prep for personal business and may not be able to move his schedule around for someone who may, or may not come.

FRIDAY, the 13th, at 1200-1300, arrival time, to as late as you'd like. I myself have and will be there as long as the last man.

Hope to see you all there.

Desert Citizen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    El Paso, TX
    Heyyyy good to make your acquaintance, ...?

Name's Jon. I'll do my best to satisfy the questions and the implications therein.

1. Do I have to RSVP?

No sir. Any and all are welcome, and at any time. If you call ten minutes before we head from the meet up place, to the shooting place, you're in. To be more informative, the Texans in central and east Texas do these meets and they get a lot of folks and have tons of fun. We are basically trying to form that sort of environment and camaraderie here.

2. Will there be any sort of drills or exercises going on?

BOTH, and either/or. The first two were pretty casual but as we had the same four folks the next two and were immediately comfortable with each other, we did begin to do drills, and on the last one, we had a fellow bring a contraption that you will see in the pics/video, that actually was a very good idea and provided some very real, or emulated stimulation to the drills. This fellow is basically the "range daddy", though all of us are comfortable in the leadership position. He seems to be the most experienced and forward thinking, and so... "daddy". All very intellectual and awesome guys though. All of your ideas are welcome and we will more than happily run a drill, in the middle of casual shooting, if you so desire. This is about compromise and brotherhood.

3. Can I take tac gear (larping equipment) for testing purposes, or will I be laughed back to "poser" land?

N to the MFing NO you will not be looked down on. Larp at your heart's desire and we not only commend, but condone the mind set that is forward thinking enough to train in their gear and test it out. YOU are the militia. That is THEE purpose of the American Citizenry as our duty to God and country, so although some of us are very casual, and even though you will be made fun of if you show up in full riot gear all in fun, we all just want you to be who your are, given you have good values, are well intended, and care as much about us, as we do you.

I myself have several PC's that are plated, a few belt setups, and one of our guys has one that makes me jealous. Don't tell him I told you but it's the new GBRS belt and I'm gonna steal it one of these range days. I have brought fully outfitted gun belt to each day but have not used it. If it makes you feel more comfortable, I'll dress up with you and WE... WILL... LEAP FROG. Just keep in mind, I am the biggest "poser" on Earth, so be free, my friend.

So feel free to give me text and if you end up making it out, it'll be a pleasure. We wish you well and God bless.

I appreciate the answers, but I don't think I'll be able to make it this month. I have the day job & a gig that night, is there a group chat of some sort that I can be in to stay in the loop, or do you guys organize this stuff on this platform exclusively?

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I appreciate the answers, but I don't think I'll be able to make it this month. I have the day job & a gig that night, is there a group chat of some sort that I can be in to stay in the loop, or do you guys organize this stuff on this platform exclusively?

We organize on here, exclusively, but may share numbers between each other depending on who tends to be consistent and all of that. You can always text me. I will have a range trip or two between now and then so you can always meet me out there.

So about this gig? You in a band or something? I was in a metal band for a decade and performed locally, so when someone says "gig", I tend to get really interested.

Desert Citizen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    El Paso, TX
    We organize on here, exclusively, but may share numbers between each other depending on who tends to be consistent and all of that. You can always text me. I will have a range trip or two between now and then so you can always meet me out there.

So about this gig? You in a band or something? I was in a metal band for a decade and performed locally, so when someone says "gig", I tend to get really interested.

In that case I'll shoot you a text this weekend.And yup, a thrash band and a grindcore band currently, ha!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom