• ...and so much more!
  • BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer
    What's the difference between a left handed and right handed knife?
    On a fixed blade (and often a folder, although other factors weigh in dependingon the style of the knife) it has to do with which side the maker's logo is on.

Note the logo is on the right side of the blade on the Bowie...hence needing to be in the left hand for presentation of the logo...i.e. to be viewed by the one holding the knife. Hence making it a left handed knife by the maker.

And it in the case of the Bowie I chose the elk antler that fit my left hand best (curve of the antler etc) from the pieces he had available before it was fitted to the tang.

I have a couple lefty folders I'll post sometime. In their case they are framelocks. The lock bar is on the correct side of the frame to be actuated with the left thumb.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    On a fixed blade it has to do with which side the maker's logo is on.

Note the logo is on the right side of the blade on the Bowie...hence needing to be in the left hand for presentation of the logo...i.e. to be viewed by the one holding the knife. Hence making it a left handed knife by the maker.

And it in the case of the Bowie I chose the elk antler that fit my left hand best (curve of the antler etc) from the pieces he had available before it was fitted to the tang.

I have a couple lefty folders I'll post sometime. In their case they are framelocks. The lock bar is on the correct side of the frame to be actuated with the left thumb.

Thanks, never heard that before.

ETA: I'm a leftie.

Top Bottom