• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Rachel Malone the Texas GOA Director sent out emails to the GOA members asking us to write letters to the committee.

Hopefully enough Texas gun owners will take the time to write a letter.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    TSRA sent the same thing last night.
    Yep- I tried to find it on their website, but couldn’t easily do it. That’s why I checked on the NRA site. Found the directions there. I haven’t read yet where we can view the public comments. I want to see them though. If TX goes blue we are sca-rooed. Makes me sick to think about. Why don’t more Texans vote? Pisses me off to high heaven.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    If someone writes me a letter I will send it. Couldn't write any coherent letter to save my life.
    I’ll be glad to. I’ll post it here in Word format that is required. It only needs to be three or four sentences. Mine was short and terse. In the body of your email you need to included your Name, address, and phone number. The Word file is not to have any personal data. So it won’t. I’ll also include the required subject line and email address. I’ll write it encouraging general for m use and indicate that in the comments. Cool?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If someone writes me a letter I will send it. Couldn't write any coherent letter to save my life.
    I'm with you on that. Hell the way some of y'all pick apart my pain killer & cocktail type apart here, my letter would do little. Beside I might write in capital letter & cuss more then normal.

We need some of the more talentent peeps here to draft a letter whenever issues need addressing & make them available for all.

Wonder if we could send a TGT group letter showing solidarity? Statistics show 30K members. I think that might wake up these brain dead mofos showing 30K of strangers agreeing.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...I haven’t read yet where we can view the public comments. I want to see them though.
    Doubt you’ll see the comments since there isn’t a similar function as the Federal Register at the Texas level, which is a blessing in disguise. You’ll probably have to do a FOIA request.

...Why don’t more Texans vote?

More are. They just aren’t natives. Historically, Texans have trusted and relied upon the elected reps...that trust have been taken advantage of; it’s how we got Bonnen as Speaker. The hardest thing to do is get the farmer/rancher mobilized; they (like me) think we still got the Indians inside the circled wagons.

There’s been more cultural change in Texas over the last 8 years than in the forty before. Those imports vote like it’s their livelihood. You can thank Perry for that.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Here's the email address:
    laramie.stroud_hc@house.texas.gov

Email subject line needs to state:
    Duty # 4 Submission

Your information needs to be in the body of the email:
    First and Last Name
    Address
    Phone Number

Then attach a Word file with no personal information included. Mine said something like what I've attached here. It's not Shakespeare, but conveys my stance and likely the stance of many of us. Please use or don't as you see fit. One way or the other, I think all of us taking the time to send a letter will be helpful to the 2A cause. Since a word file isn't accepted for an attachment, I'll just paste it here for your copy needs. As follows:

My comments:

I will not tolerate the subjugation of my Second Amendment RIGHTS. These are not "privileges", but constitutionally guaranteed RIGHTS.

So called "Red Flag" laws are confiscation without due process. I will not tolerate or abide by these laws should they come to pass.

Modern sporting arms regulation or bans and magazine capacity limits or bans will only restrict my RIGHT to keep and bear arms, while having no affect on criminal behavior. I will not tolerate or abide by these restrictions should they come to pass.

Changing Texas private firearm transfer laws and/or implementing "Universal" background checks prior to every firearm transfer will not prevent a single death or injury. These concepts are lies to prepare the gun owning public for universal firearm registration laws. A government can't track the gun’s owner without having it registered. How else would one know if a firearm changed ownership? Should elitist nanny-state politicians gain power, gun registration is simply preparation for gun confiscation. Will criminals register their guns? They will not. I will not tolerate or abide by these requirements should they come to pass.

The firearms I own are my legal property and I will physically resist confiscation of said firearms, in any form or fashion, even if authorities threaten my very life.

We have firearms laws on the books. Enforce those laws and stop allowing criminals and thugs back out on the street.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Here's the email address:
    laramie.stroud_hc@house.texas.gov

Email subject line needs to state:
    Duty # 4 Submission

Your information needs to be in the body of the email:
    First and Last Name
    Address
    Phone Number

Then attach a Word file with no personal information included. Mine said something like what I've attached here. It's not Shakespeare, but conveys my stance and likely the stance of many of us. Please use or don't as you see fit. One way or the other, I think all of us taking the time to send a letter will be helpful to the 2A cause. Since a word file isn't accepted for an attachment, I'll just paste it here for your copy needs. As follows:

My comments:

I will not tolerate the subjugation of my Second Amendment RIGHTS. These are not "privileges", but constitutionally guaranteed RIGHTS.

So called "Red Flag" laws are confiscation without due process. I will not tolerate or abide by these laws should they come to pass.

Modern sporting arms regulation or bans and magazine capacity limits or bans will only restrict my RIGHT to keep and bear arms, while having no affect on criminal behavior. I will not tolerate or abide by these restrictions should they come to pass.

Changing Texas private firearm transfer laws and/or implementing "Universal" background checks prior to every firearm transfer will not prevent a single death or injury. These concepts are lies to prepare the gun owning public for universal firearm registration laws. A government can't track the gun’s owner without having it registered. How else would one know if a firearm changed ownership? Should elitist nanny-state politicians gain power, gun registration is simply preparation for gun confiscation. Will criminals register their guns? They will not. I will not tolerate or abide by these requirements should they come to pass.

The firearms I own are my legal property and I will physically resist confiscation of said firearms, in any form or fashion, even if authorities threaten my very life.

We have firearms laws on the books. Enforce those laws and stop allowing criminals and thugs back out on the street.

Fantastic.
    Thanks.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm with you on that. Hell the way some of y'all pick apart my pain killer & cocktail type apart here, my letter would do little. Beside I might write in capital letter & cuss more then normal.

We need some of the more talentent peeps here to draft a letter whenever issues need addressing & make them available for all.

Wonder if we could send a TGT group letter showing solidarity? Statistics show 30K members. I think that might wake up these brain dead mofos showing 30K of strangers agreeing.
    Check for a PM

Top Bottom