• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    With the thread about being ready to riot I wonder who has less then lethal munitions? I have a decent collection of them for my M203, Baton, rubber buckshot, sponge & smoke. No gas rounds. I figure if they are surplused I don't wan't them leaking around my house.

I have a couple boxes of 12 gauge rubber buckshot too.
    Target Sports

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Policemen arm themselves with such munitions. They are backed up by real munitions. Many other Officers and good communications. If a riot comes to my house, and a shotgun is available, it will be provisioned with buckshot. After all my backup is probably going to be my wife and she does not always communicate well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I guess a less then lethal warning shot to the ground counts.

I'm not shooting the ground. Other then that. Ball ammo? It'll poke a hole and give a better chance of making it through to see another day. If the hole is in your head. I guess that's not so much non lethal.

This is a bad situation at all four corners.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If it gets that bad, my gate should have been a warning. 8 dogs are the closest thing I have to non-lethal. If necessary to shoot anything, lethal will be justified as well as probably needed.
    Rioting on my street would put you in a serious crossfire with my neighbors.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    (disclaimer: IANAL)

Maximum lethality only, nothing LTL; because:

1. In for a penny, in for a pound - Once you start throwing lead (or worse) at folks, it's either justified self defense or it's not (assuming something short of SHTF, then all bets are off).

2. Hard to argue after the fact that you feared for your life (thus justifiable use of deadly force) if you were lobbing rubber bullets/beanbags, etc., and shooting people as a general deterrent is no bueno...

3. If your actions were justifiable in self-defense/castle-doctrine, then lethal results as a natural outcome are also righteous, regardless of scale. If not, then the fact that 12ga was filled with rubber bullets is irrelevant, and you still goin' to jail.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    No less than lethal.

Not my job to disperse a riot.

Rioting requires a mob mentality. I’m not into that.

If it got bad enough, I’m sure I’d be recalled to active duty.
    If you were recalled, what would you do?
    Follow orders to attack civilians?
    Not just you, but any veteran or reservists.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you were recalled, what would you do?
    Follow orders to attack civilians?
    Not just you, but any veteran or reservists.

I was wondering the same thing.

I don’t rightly know what I’d do, and I can’t speak for others; the hypothetical is too broad.

Likely the National Guard and Reserves would be activated as Title 10 (federal) resources and stop loss policies in place well before RRAD (Retired Recalled to Active Duty) would be authorized.

Rules for the Use of Force and Rules of Engagement would spell out who and what is authorized (except self-defense, an inherent right, is never denied).

Looping back though, the oath is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. Being recalled where that’s not the objective would be neither legal nor lawful, so we have to ask what defines a domestic enemy?

Treason is what characterizes being a domestic enemy. And I’m not talking about pundits shouting treason, I’m talking Article III treason*. If wide-spread treason is going on, we’re back to 1861.

So, I’ll punt on answering for now and get back to you when the situation is at hand.

* “Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.”

Reactions: ian

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Closest thing I have to “less lethal” is low brass clay 12 gauge rounds and .22LR. Both of which are last resort if the real stuff is gone, but I’m thinking I’ll be done long before it gets to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Less than lethal loads? Nope, not gonna do it. If the situation comes to me pulling a firearm, then that means my life is in immediate danger and when I pull the trigger, my intent is to end that danger. That also means, if you do pull a firearm, you had better be willing to go all the way. If it is a justified shoot, then your good to go. Anything else is gonna get you killed or locked up for a long time.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I keep my LTL ammo in my locker

Lb9V.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom