• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadDoc69

Retired Military Police & Correctional Officer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2021
    Hudspeth County, TX
    I’m looking for info on where I can conduct my annual qualification for LEOSA carry.
    I’m a retired Miltary Police and Retired Illinois Corrections Officer who just couldn’t stand the liberal BS pushed down from Chicago anymore so I bought land in Hudspeth County for my retirement years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Texas SOT

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I’m looking for info on where I can conduct my annual qualification for LEOSA carry.
    I’m a retired Miltary Police and Retired Illinois Corrections Officer who just couldn’t stand the liberal BS pushed down from Chicago anymore so I bought land in Hudspeth County for my retirement years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Welcome to the Forum!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Don't know about LTC instructors and LEOSA???

My BIL in Florida is retired NYPD. The Sheriff of the county where he lives hosts a LEOSA qualification day(s) at his range. They provide facilities, free lunch, and fellowship for all retirees. What a deal

MadDoc69

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2021
    Hudspeth County, TX
    OK, I'll bite. Whats a LEOSA?
    Welcome
    Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act. It allows qualified active and retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed in all 50 States, U.S. Territories and Possessions regardless of state laws (except ammo and mag capacity). Unlike most Concealed Carry Permits, the LEOSA requires annual qualification.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If you weren’t in Hudspeth County I would do it for you for free. Call around to your local LTC instructors out there and see what they would charge you. Probably would not be much.

MadDoc69

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2021
    Hudspeth County, TX
    Much appreciated. Just looking for info right now as I’m working as a Dept of the Army Civilian in Italy for a few years before I retire for good.
    I know the requirement in Illinois was qualification on a State Law Enforcement Training Team range and those were usually only scheduled twice a year in the southern part of the state.
    Just one more way for the great nazi state to prevent or delay law abiding folks from exercising their rights.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act. It allows qualified active and retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed in all 50 States, U.S. Territories and Possessions regardless of state laws (except ammo and mag capacity). Unlike most Concealed Carry Permits, the LEOSA requires annual qualification.
    Guess I've been retired too long. That is news to me. Remember wishing there was a program like that.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    IIRC, LEOSA requires yearly requalify - unless there's a pandemic going on, then the requalification may be postponed with a nudge & a wink.

Top Bottom