• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    You're joking right? It's in front of every price. They are selling used ammunition? Everything on the site is used? It means "U.S. Dollar" silly.
    [/QUOTE
    I'm not joking that it's a joke, so what's the joke about jokng but of course I'm joking? Or am I? I typed it that way about USD because someone told me "It's used" and I laughed my ass off and told then "No!" A lot of foreign sites have that attached along with amazon and ebay.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Technically you are right as all costs do go to the consumer, but which ones? The cost of postage stamps is fixed and if you pay cash you pay the full price, if you pay cc there will be a cashback. Some business charge an extra fee for cc use, you should pay cash but remember, you don't have the bargaining power a cc use has if you debate the purchase later on. I rarely use cash, pay my bill monthly and get a fairly large cash back. Yes, I am passing my cash back to other consumers and business but that is not my problem. I just follow the rules, pay it off monthly.

I knew you would try to use that argument, everyone does, because they think as individuals and look no farther than their wallet. I used to be the same way until I started a business.

You think that the cost is only passed on in specific situations but it isn't. It is pervasive and it isnt your interest payment that costs you. EVERYTHING is more expensive due to credit cards, everyone prices it in, everyone at almost every level. The middleman must be paid.

You arent immune, you pay cash when the merchant charges a fee but guess what, the price still includes covering credit cards. You say, oh a CC costs 3% more but the cash price is also bearing increases.You think it is just the 3% interchange fee? Oh no. Chargeback fees, gateway fees, access fees, and all the acronym fees every month are factored in to all transactions, including cash. We cant assign an amount so we boost it all, we have to.

That protection you bought costs you because it costs me. I have to pay 25 bucks everytime someone files a chargeback even if I am 100% right and did everything right. Think about that. I pay 25 bucks even if you are a lying SOB who received the goods or claimed their card was stolen. All that fraud that merchants have to eat from CCs, we pay for it? You dont think that affects the cost of everyone? You are "protected" but you bear the cost one way or another.

More so, you think a business doesnt pad for those costs on a non retail level? Even B2B factors them in as well, so even if you pay cash to an end retailer, they were paying to cover CC use in their own purchases which is passed on to you. No different than summing up your bank fees and adding it into your cost to sell goods.

You, the consumer, always pay the costs. Things would be cheaper without credit cards but convenience comes at a price. I dont mean to rant but if you ran a business and saw how credit cards work on the backend you would be pretty disgusted too.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I knew you would try to use that argument, everyone does, because they think as individuals and look no farther than their wallet. I used to be the same way until I started a business.

You think that the cost is only passed on in specific situations but it isn't. It is pervasive and it isnt your interest payment that costs you. EVERYTHING is more expensive due to credit cards, everyone prices it in, everyone at almost every level. The middleman must be paid.

You arent immune, you pay cash when the merchant charges a fee but guess what, the price still includes covering credit cards. You say, oh a CC costs 3% more but the cash price is also bearing increases.You think it is just the 3% interchange fee? Oh no. Chargeback fees, gateway fees, access fees, and all the acronym fees every month are factored in to all transactions, including cash. We cant assign an amount so we boost it all, we have to.

That protection you bought costs you because it costs me. I have to pay 25 bucks everytime someone files a chargeback even if I am 100% right and did everything right. Think about that. I pay 25 bucks even if you are a lying SOB who received the goods or claimed their card was stolen. All that fraud that merchants have to eat from CCs, we pay for it? You dont think that affects the cost of everyone? You are "protected" but you bear the cost one way or another.

More so, you think a business doesnt pad for those costs on a non retail level? Even B2B factors them in as well, so even if you pay cash to an end retailer, they were paying to cover CC use in their own purchases which is passed on to you. No different than summing up your bank fees and adding it into your cost to sell goods.

You, the consumer, always pay the costs. Things would be cheaper without credit cards but convenience comes at a price. I dont mean to rant but if you ran a business and saw how credit cards work on the backend you would be pretty disgusted too.
    I am retired and did run a business and the value of getting paid by cc company in a few days minus fees versus getting paid in 3 months (or possibly never) was unbeatable. It's called cash flow. I pay almost all of my bills with a credit card and I personally get money back every month. If I paid those same bills with cash, check or money order I would pay the exact same price and get nothing back at the end of the month. Imagine a business with a postage bill of $1,000 a month, that's $30 back a month (assuming 3%). My utility companies charge the same no matter how I pay. Now some government agencies do add on a fee if I pay with credit card. Renew your auto registration on line, pay with credit card, get $1 off cost of registration and you still get 3% back at the end of the month. Or you can renew your tags by mail, send a check and pay full price. Your choice.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I am retired and did run a business and the value of getting paid by cc company in a few days minus fees versus getting paid in 3 months (or possibly never) was unbeatable. It's called cash flow. I pay almost all of my bills with a credit card and I personally get money back every month. If I paid those same bills with cash, check or money order I would pay the exact same price and get nothing back at the end of the month. Imagine a business with a postage bill of $1,000 a month, that's $30 back a month (assuming 3%). My utility companies charge the same no matter how I pay. Now some government agencies do add on a fee if I pay with credit card. Renew your auto registration on line, pay with credit card, get $1 off cost of registration and you still get 3% back at the end of the month. Or you can renew your tags by mail, send a check and pay full price. Your choice.

You make the mistake of thinking that they dont factor in taking cards, they do, they have, and you are paying for it whether you see it directly or not. I wont argue that getting paid by CC upfront beats chasing down a customer but it comes with a cost as well... who pays any collection fee or loss? You, your customers, or their customers do. It is simple economics, you just have to be willing to look at the big picture.

This is the same situation as reloaders not valuing their time. You either get it or you don't but it doesnt change the facts of the matter, even if someone chooses to ignore them.

Good discussion.

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    My “ never math in front of friends” statement is lost here. I am so math, CC, economics, pay off, get money back, bank draft, etc is on overload. You TGT folks make it worth it! Thanks!

pikeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2021
    Montana
    Welcome to the Forum!
    thanks for the welcome.
    Just to let you guys know that first crown firearms is using a gun stores name and address as their fake address. They say their store is the between the walls firearms store in Midland TX which they are not. Just another lie they tell you.

when asked they tell you their store name is Between The Walls guns store and I called them and they knew that they were being used. The store has nothing to do with first crown firearms scam web store. If you guys are on any other forums pass the word along. They offer hard to find items and guarantee they have them. Then after you make payment they stop communicating with you and never send you anything.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    thanks for the welcome.
    Just to let you guys know that first crown firearms is using a gun stores name and address as their fake address. They say their store is the between the walls firearms store in Midland TX which they are not. Just another lie they tell you.

when asked they tell you their store name is Between The Walls guns store and I called them and they knew that they were being used. The store has nothing to do with first crown firearms scam web store. If you guys are on any other forums pass the word along. They offer hard to find items and guarantee they have them. Then after you make payment they stop communicating with you and never send you anything.

First of all, another welcome to TGT.

Second, thanks for the heads up about them.

Top Bottom