• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Maybe so, but it will have to be proven to me. I'm sure people within the corporations have rights but I don't believe the "corporation" has "rights"! Corporations exist by the laws and regulations approved by individuals.

Corporations cannot make subjective or objective decisions. The people that run the corporations can make these decisions. It's my opinion that if corporations had "rights" and could make decisions without the need for human interaction ........we would not be around much longer!
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Living in the county I do which is Anderson, outside of Palestine which has a population of about 18K and Elkhart with a population of about 1100. I am just not seeing a lot of pushback from store, restaurants or business' posting up signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms within their establishments.

Even after permitless carry passed in Texas, I even make an effort to see what actually changed. Not much. I thin I saw one business that had a 30.05 sign posted.

Maybe in the larger cities, it might be much different, I have no idea.

Purely speculation on my part. I suspect that some larger companies prohibit carry as a blanket policy to cover all of their stores regardless of what state the store is in, with no concern over state laws covering the legal carrying of firearms.
    That is where the difference lies big metro areas. I don't believe there should be any signs in businesses open to the public. They can ask you to leave.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I may or may not have seen signs going up at Walmart, HEB (their 30.05 signs are in black, not contrasting, and put in the lower sections near the ground not readily apparent to those entering their establishments) and other larger businesses.

Walmart *used* to have company policy of abiding by the local carry laws - and in most places that meant open carry was good to go, as well as concealed. Ever since the shooting later year, that caused them to stop selling pistol ammo and "assault rifle ammo" - they started also slapping up no-guns signs.

With the transfer of wealth, the closing of mom & pop shops all across the country, and the big boxes consolidating even more marketshare - its even more important we don't lose our individual rights in favor of "corporate rights"
    They haven't posted any here

Top Bottom