• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    8D673179-C3D7-4351-A6C6-262274FABAB5.jpeg
    Okami disapproves of New Jersey asshattery.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Carves out an exemption for Atomic Energy personell??? WTF do they need suppressors for.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Nuke plants have swat teams. Never seen a DOE Colts 9mm sub gun or DOE M-14? Dow Chemical has one! Greenwood Gun Club was originally Dow Chemicals. IIRC many of the gulf coast plants have gun emplacements!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nuke plants have swat teams.
    Yes. Nuclear plants have security trained and equipped to incredibly high standards, far, far higher than most people realize. The history of nuclear power in this country led to those sites being considered prime targets for terrorism or even open attack by foreign suicide troops. While the latter possibility is unrealistic, the slim possibility of it (or similar attacks) pretty much dictated the culture of their security going back more decades than I can recall.

If anyone is prepared to repel the zombie apocalypse, it's the security at nuclear plants.

At least, that's the way it used to be. If anyone has current experience (mine is very old), please chime in.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes. Nuclear plants have security trained and equipped to incredibly high standards, far, far higher than most people realize. The history of nuclear power in this country led to those sites being considered prime targets for terrorism or even open attack by foreign suicide troops. While the latter possibility is unrealistic, the slim possibility of it (or similar attacks) pretty much dictated the culture of their security going back more decades than I can recall.

If anyone is prepared to repel the zombie apocalypse, it's the security at nuclear plants.

At least, that's the way it used to be. If anyone has current experience (mine is very old), please chime in.

My information is second-hand from my father who spent ten years in the Air Force, mainly attached to SAC bases, working on b-52 bombers.

He was telling us some years ago when my brother and I were quizzing him on B-52's, that the vast majority of the time, when a B-52 is flying, they are armed with nuclear weapons of some sort. He was serving when the Cuban Missile Crisis happened as well.

Point is, the Air Force took security very serious when nuclear weapons were involved. He said security went up quite a bit anytime nuclear weapons were being moved and loaded into the B-52 bombers, and that armed security stayed with the aircraft until it left the ground. He said only certain personnel were allowed near the nuclear weapons and it required an even higher security clearance than most people on the base held.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My information is second-hand...
    Interesting. My info is also second-hand and quite old. After doing a bit more research, I've probably overstated the security around nuclear facilities. It's good but maybe it's not the "so far above everybody else" that it used to be. I dunno.

That's what I get for being old and thinking things I learned 40 years ago are still relevant. Mostly they are but sometimes not.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Interesting. My info is also second-hand and quite old. After doing a bit more research, I've probably overstated the security around nuclear facilities. It's good but maybe it's not the "so far above everybody else" that it used to be. I dunno.

That's what I get for being old and thinking things I learned 40 years ago are still relevant. Mostly they are but sometimes not.

The DOE energy is a government agency, and the Air Force is military, so the mindset dealing with security might be vastly different. I have no idea personally.

I'd like to think that security concerning nuclear materials and nuclear power plants is still considered a high priority, especially in current times with terrorism having come to our own country. I'd like to think that in light of current events that have happened over the recent years, that if anything, security has been increased, but maybe kept more low-key in terms of what is actually being done.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    If you added up all the homicides committed with suppressors, magazines of 30 rds or more and by persons with a carry license, the total would add up to no more than a fart in the wind to the other 99% of the killings in the U.S.

Of course, the Democrats have zero interest in addressing the real source of homicides in the nation. The demographics of the vast majority of the killers makes the Demos go weak in the knees.

Top Bottom