• ...and so much more!
  • Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    My first mistake was posting for the first time on this forum in a pig wrestling match. I vow to not make that mistake again. I will blame it on the meds from my knee surgery and the late hour. Hope everyone makes good choices that do not have a negative impact on the ones they love and those around them. Done with this thread!

PUI huh? Posting Under the Influence? BTDT... but with vodka.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    My first mistake was posting for the first time on this forum in a pig wrestling match. I vow to not make that mistake again. I will blame it on the meds from my knee surgery and the late hour. Hope everyone makes good choices that do not have a negative impact on the ones they love and those around them. Done with this thread!
    What's that ....uh.....Guns and Roses song title........uh.......wish I hadn't smoked so much pot in the sixties. Oh yeah, Welcome to the Jungle!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

You are obviously new. Every thread is a pig wrestling match.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Thanks bud. I wanted the facts on it.

I still think real statistics and real sources of information are helpful. I don't think there is reason to have it illegal when the prohibition hasn't worked. The black market expanded to meet the supply. If we had a legal vendor the black market would lose its cash. How many people buy beer off the black market?
    A LOT! I remember when beer and wine could not be sold on Sunday, but buying it was easy as long as you were willing to pay the inflated price. Finally pressure from folks opened up beer and wine sales on Sundays and after 9 pm. But you still cannot by hard liquor on Sundays. Which not only tells me but I know for a fact that you can buy it on the black market on Sundays...yes, prohibition does not work, it only creates black markets and we have them across the US.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    A LOT! I remember when beer and wine could not be sold on Sunday, but buying it was easy as long as you were willing to pay the inflated price. Finally pressure from folks opened up beer and wine sales on Sundays and after 9 pm. But you still cannot by hard liquor on Sundays. Which not only tells me but I know for a fact that you can buy it on the black market on Sundays...yes, prohibition does not work, it only creates black markets and we have them across the US.
    The numbers you speak of would NEVER be considered "a lot" by anyone's calculations (except your own, and only when trying to win an internet argument) — you're talking about fractions of percents.

Additionally, he asked "How many people buy beer off the black market?". Present tense, not "have bought" or "used to buy". Just as the point we're trying to make — it's not being done anymore because the black market has shrunk due to legalizing the sale on Sunday and after 9pm. Thank you for solidifying our point.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    The numbers you speak of would NEVER be considered "a lot" by anyone's calculations (except your own, and only when trying to win an internet argument) — you're talking about fractions of percents.

Additionally, he asked "How many people buy beer off the black market?". Present tense, not "have bought" or "used to buy". Just as the point we're trying to make — it's not being done anymore because the black market has shrunk due to legalizing the sale on Sunday and after 9pm. Thank you for solidifying our point.
    1) NOT trying to win an argument

2) Clear you missed my point, its not the numbers, it the fact that when the govt restricts something it creates a black market, even on a minor restriction such as Sunday sales...

3) Back in the 60's when I was a Deputy Sheriff it was not drugs and cartels we were after, its was moonshiners and illegal Sunday sales of legal booze...

There was no argument!!!

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas

That may be true among some groups but I have no idea where to buy liquor on Sunday. That stated, if I failed to plan ahead and wanted it bad enough then I'm sure I could find it. I agree that prohibition does not work. It only promotes crime. The US gov't has failed to learn this in the last 80+ years... or maybe there's some hidden reason the gov't is promoting crime... perhaps to create an excuse to fight it... $$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    1) NOT trying to win an argument

2) Clear you missed my point, its not the numbers, it the fact that when the govt restricts something it creates a black market, even on a minor restriction such as Sunday sales...

3) Back in the 60's when I was a Deputy Sheriff it was not drugs and cartels we were after, its was moonshiners and illegal Sunday sales of legal booze...

There was no argument!!!
    You're still making our point to legalize it even stronger. It's not that I missed your point, rather, you're not making the point you think you're making.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    That may be true among some groups but I have no idea where to buy liquor on Sunday. That stated, if I failed to plan ahead and wanted it bad enough then I'm sure I could find it. I agree that prohibition does not work. It only promotes crime. The US gov't has failed to learn this in the last 80+ years... or maybe there's some hidden reason the gov't is promoting crime... perhaps to create an excuse to fight it... $$$$$$$$$.
    On of the places we busted them regular was out around the area lakes. We would look for old large postal type vans just sitting around for too long a time occupied. Then there were connivence stores. We would park in a unmarked car off parking lot and watch to see if anyone came out of the store with a large bag of ice and took out a 6 pack of beer or bottles of wine buried in it. We would pull the guy over, scare him a bit and than ask what did he say to be able to buy it. Let him go and send a plains clothes guy down and see if he could make a buy.

The most difficult ones were private homes, someone had to drop a dime on them or we would never know. Not unusual as if traffic got to heavy some neighbor would call or some guy thinks he got ripped off for $20 bucks for a bottle of cheap whiskey.

Moonshiners were harder we had to find the still and we usually got our leads from other moonshiners who did not want competition. One time we nailed one I kept seeing a large bobtail truck driving around town late at night. I mentioned it in a meeting and another guy said he saw it in the daytime a lot. So we put it on a watch for. Well it was being spotted almost 24x7, but never at any businesses. Been too long to remember the exact details but the Sheriff and Chief Deputy managed to do a stop on it for something and got them to open up the back...LOL it was a FULL whiskey still setup and they were running the fumes out the diesel exhaust (back in those days diesels smelled to high heaven, no pollution controls at all).

Bottom line is constraints rarely work, it just creates underground markets and none has ever been more lucrative than drugs. Where moonshiners made thousands $ and sellers of legal booze made a hundreds, the black market in drugs is making millionaires and a few billionaires. When I live in Miami I bought my house from a real estate company owner. We got to be friends and would meet for coffee from time to time. One day he had just come from a rather long home closing and was ragging on how long it took. I told him I closed in about 30 min, why did it take 5 hours? He then told me about all cash sales in the multi-million dollar market and when he said cash he meant $20's and $100's....Armored car pulls up, drags in bags of money and it has to be counted then and there. I was stunned when he told me this was common in the high dollar homes and it was all drug money both local and out of S America.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Posted this in another thread.

“I think if you were Satan and you were settin around tryin to think up somethin that would just bring the human race to its knees what you would probably come up with is narcotics.” ― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

AND

“Dope. They sell that shit to schoolkids. It's worse than that."

"How's that?"

"Schoolkids buy it.” ― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was 32 yo the first time I ingested cannibus. For 11 of the years before that, I was a Texas peace officer. As well as Military police.

One night we get a call for transport. A soldier had been detained for dui at the main gate of Hood.

We and my sergeant arrive. Im an E-4. The soldier was driving a dodge stratus. Hes sitting on the curb. The bitch MP that made the arrest....sure was proud she was destroying a fellow soldiers career.

The car is sitting alone. All doors open. It looked to have been serched. Well, my spider sense gos off. The cars not clean.

I walk up to the car, reach in the drivers door storage panel. Fell a small bag. (Im guessing 2 grams of weed).

It gos into my pocket. I walk to my seargent. Showed him the bag. His comment( as mine), "shit, stick it back in your pocket!!!".

Such a case is 4+ hours of paperwork, and a desk sergeants red pen.

Halfway to the sheriffs dept. I pull the bag out. Show the soldier in back.

He gasps. Tells us that its the owners of the car. ( a medic). I express not to do it again. He almost got busted. I also tell him, nothing is gonna happen. "We cool".

After I got off duty, I take the baggy home. I live off base. At the time my mother had lung cancer.

I gave her the bag. Mind you....im not 32 yet. Ive never tried it in anyform.

Of all my years as a law dog. I never wrote one citation or arrested a soul for cannibus.

The gov has lied their ass off about cannibus. Some of us could see through the propaganda.

IMHO

Weed is God gift to hummanity.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I was 32 yo the first time I ingested cannibus. For 11 of the years before that, I was a Texas peace officer. As well as Military police.

One night we get a call for transport. A soldier had been detained for dui at the main gate of Hood.

We and my sergeant arrive. Im an E-4. The soldier was driving a dodge stratus. Hes sitting on the curb. The bitch MP that made the arrest....sure was proud she was destroying a fellow soldiers career.

The car is sitting alone. All doors open. It looked to have been serched. Well, my spider sense gos off. The cars not clean.

I walk up to the car, reach in the drivers door storage panel. Fell a small bag. (Im guessing 2 grams of weed).

It gos into my pocket. I walk to my seargent. Showed him the bag. His comment( as mine), "shit, stick it back in your pocket!!!".

Such a case is 4+ hours of paperwork, and a desk sergeants red pen.

Halfway to the sheriffs dept. I pull the bag out. Show the soldier in back.

He gasps. Tells us that its the owners of the car. ( a medic). I express not to do it again. He almost got busted. I also tell him, nothing is gonna happen. "We cool".

After I got off duty, I take the baggy home. I live off base. At the time my mother had lung cancer.

I gave her the bag. Mind you....im not 32 yet. Ive never tried it in anyform.

Of all my years as a law dog. I never wrote one citation or arrested a soul for cannibus.

The gov has lied their ass off about cannibus. Some of us could see through the propaganda.

IMHO

Weed is God gift to hummanity.
    Great story. Thank you for your service.

I've lost generations of my family to cancer. 1 generation has been wiped out from cancerous masses in their lungs growing up to their throats. I have a mom with fibromyalgia (which has to be up there with the ugliest diseases to a persons personality) and a grandma with diabetes who doesn't eat enough and worries all the time.

I have complete families of cousins who are on and off cocaine and crack.

If weed could help any of them at the expense of people tuning out for a few hours a week at home I'm ok with it. I'm not sure smoking is the best way to receive medicine, but if there's not a better way I'll accept it. Anything is better than more pain pills, shots and "mood enhancers" to deal with the bull shit cards some people get dealt out.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    We and my sergeant arrive. Im an E-4. The soldier was driving a dodge stratus. Hes sitting on the curb.

Was not all that unusual in Vietnam, mostly in a HHQ unit, to see the proverbial brown bag full of pot, on the floor, in the middle of an enlisted bunker/hooch during an inspection. As long as it was in no one's possession, there was nothing you could do but confiscate. Some did, some didn't bother.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Great story. Thank you for your service.

I've lost generations of my family to cancer. 1 generation has been wiped out from cancerous masses in their lungs growing up to their throats. I have a mom with fibromyalgia (which has to be up there with the ugliest diseases to a persons personality) and a grandma with diabetes who doesn't eat enough and worries all the time.

I have complete families of cousins who are on and off cocaine and crack.

If weed could help any of them at the expense of people tuning out for a few hours a week at home I'm ok with it. I'm not sure smoking is the best way to receive medicine, but if there's not a better way I'll accept it. Anything is better than more pain pills, shots and "mood enhancers" to deal with the bull shit cards some people get dealt out.

Easy.....

Vaporize.

Heating the plant material up to where the oil flashes into vapor. Leaving only the green material.

No smoke.

Unless you know what youre doing.....don't eat it. Its 5x as strong, takes like 60-90 minutes to digest. And if you ate too much....get ready for your world to spin.

Think, chugging an entire bottle of jeager at once. Its powerful.

Thanks to hippies....there are lots of ways to intake THC not rolled in a blunt.

Anything made with oil.

Hot wing sauce, fried eggs, meat loaf.....

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Easy.....

Vaporize.

Heating the plant material up to where the oil flashes into vapor. Leaving only the green material.

No smoke.

Unless you know what youre doing.....don't eat it. Its 5x as strong, takes like 60-90 minutes to digest. And if you ate too much....get ready for your world to spin.

Think, chugging an entire bottle of jeager at once. Its powerful.

Thanks to hippies....there are lots of ways to intake THC not rolled in a blunt.

Anything made with oil.

Hot wing sauce, fried eggs, meat loaf.....
    Ya but unless it's legal here and we change the mindset of the older generations who could benefit the most from it it's a loss.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ya but unless it's legal here and we change the mindset of the older generations who could benefit the most from it it's a loss.

Im forth generation to Texas. First gen settled the republic. I love my state. Ill die on this soil. I refused to have children anywhere but on her sacred soil. I myself born in ElPaso.

Saying that.....this state has more a$$holes per capita then New damn York. Their a$$ is wound so tight....they'd make missing church a felony, if they could. You'd be in a prison rodeo inside a week.

These a$$holes are also the ones, I remember growing up. That beat their wives. Drank like fish. And would shoot you then your dog for nothing but meaness.

I laugh when I hear that old saying..."Texas Freindly". Sure were friendly. More friendly to your wife, but friendly all the same.

Legal weed in Texas? Don't hold youre breath. In fact think of hunting or washing dishes. Better waste of time.

This is Texas. And God bless her.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Im forth generation to Texas. First gen settled the republic. I love my state. Ill die on this soil. I refused to have children anywhere but on her sacred soil. I myself born in ElPaso.

Saying that.....this state has more a$$holes per capita then New damn York. Their a$$ is wound so tight....they'd make missing church a felony.

These a$$holes are also the ones, I remember growing up. That beat their wives. Drank like fish. And would shoot you then your dog for nothing but meaness.

I laugh when I hear that old saying..."Texas Freindly". Sure were friendly. More friendly to your wife, but friendly all the same.

Legal weed in Texas? Don't hold youre breath. In fact think of hunting or washing dishes. Better waste of time.

This is Texas. And God bless her.

Ain't been to Arkansas lately, eh?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ain't been to Arkansas lately, eh?

I drove a semi through the north part. I thought i was gonna get hung for not being white enough.

It was up in the hills. Confederate flag On every house and store. Not a very 'welcomy' place.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom