• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • papa_giorgio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    austin
    i was thinking of making my first firearm a .22 since money is tight ad so is my time to get to a range. what i want to know is if there are any restrictions to mag caps, lets say an ati kalashnikov with a 24 rnd mag is it legal or not?
    Capitol Armory ad

papa_giorgio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    austin
    yeah i've thought about that alot recently while trying to decide what my first firearm should be, the question does make me sad....so does the firearm i mentioned above seem like a good first timer gun?

lmao_37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    levelland
    Not my cup of tea, but if you like it, why not... I think a $180 Ruger 10/22 is a better rifle, but then again I have GSG's mp5 22lr clone just for the shits n giggles of it.

i have a GSG AK47 and its a great rifle iam new to Texas and the U.S.A. and it is my first rifle, i have fired someone else's 10/22 and i do prefer the AK over the 10/22 as its more comfortable to use and less clunky and the 10 round mag gets on my wick having to stop and reload just when your starting to have fun, the gsg does have its draw backs like its sights are a little lacking so i fitted the side mount which is $75 and a scope but it is fun to shoot and i love the look on peoples faces when they realise its a .22.

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Just my 2 cents: look at the Marlin 795. I have had positive experiences with it straight-out-of-the-box as opposed to the tinkering, Volquartsen parts, etc. that I had to put in my fiancee's Ruger 10/22 to make it function as well.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    let me know how the archangel kits works out, i have been eying one for my 597.
    btw, the rem 597 is a sweeeeet little shooter.

pretzel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    West of Amarillo
    decided to go the ruger 10/22 route with an archangel kit
    This is what its gonna look like
    archangel10-22-1.jpg

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    i have a GSG AK47 and its a great rifle iam new to Texas and the U.S.A. and it is my first rifle, i have fired someone else's 10/22 and i do prefer the AK over the 10/22 as its more comfortable to use and less clunky and the 10 round mag gets on my wick having to stop and reload just when your starting to have fun, the gsg does have its draw backs like its sights are a little lacking so i fitted the side mount which is $75 and a scope but it is fun to shoot and i love the look on peoples faces when they realise its a .22.

Gets on your wick?

Top Bottom