• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Pecan Grove cafe on old 75 in Leona. I worked in this area for several years and stumbled across this place by accident. This is a great place to eat.
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The big update! Up early this morning to go look @ a deal on a friends fathers leather furniture & lift chair. He sold the high rise & needs the placed cleared out. Might buy the dinning room too. All Lazy Boy furniture the lift chair is a golden Maxi Comfort. Cool ting is I hunted in Africa with him & his dad so his dad will be with me in a way!

I was thinking I might need a cell phone so he said I can have his dad's i-phone 6 once he kills the service on it.

Closing on the new house moves up to next Friday.

Just a warning, but some of these rural East Texas areas, cell phone reception can be spotty in places depending on what network you are on.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Just a warning, but some of these rural East Texas areas, cell phone reception can be spotty in places depending on what network you are on.
    The form owner used AT&T. My property has a WIFI tower on it with a booster. I get free WIFI out of the deal. Know about shorty coverage out in the sticks. When we drove up in my friends truck his GPS sucked balls. The realtor's phone & GPS never failed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The form owner used AT&T. My property has a WIFI tower on it with a booster. I get free WIFI out of the deal. Know about shorty coverage out in the sticks. When we drove up in my friends truck his GPS sucked balls. The realtor's phone & GPS never failed.

The wife has Samsung phone on Straight Talk, and I have a TCL on Trac Phone. My cheap smart phone gets better reception than her phone for some reason. My father switched from Verizon last year to Trac Phone and he says he's getting better reception now too. He's just across the road from us about a 1/4 mile away.

It's not as bad as it use to be when we first built the house here, and it's getting better.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Congrats Baboon, I was out that way today looking at houses.

I just saw this thread today, and would like to applaud the term “methbillies”. We went through one little town today, and my wife said, “you don’t have enough guns to live here.” It was a beautiful piece of property, and I’ll probably die in Texas, hopefully not next week though.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Congrats Baboon, I was out that way today looking at houses.

I just saw this thread today, and would like to applaud the term “methbillies”. We went through one little town today, and my wife said, “you don’t have enough guns to live here.” It was a beautiful piece of property, and I’ll probably die in Texas, hopefully not next week though.
    My first encounter with methbillies was in Palestine, Texas 30 years ago. I can't take credit for the term, but I do use it! I'm still floored by the idea that the previous owners had a glass & wood gun cabinet on display in the living room. It seems like a very nice area where neighbors look out for each other still.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Dinning out for us might be a very rare occasion for where we are at. We are defiantly going to miss bunch of great eateries once we leave.

I was looking earlier for a new washer & dryer and even things like Blowes & Home Depot are a way aways. I want new furniture & will have to pay for delivery from Mattress Mack!

Its going to be so quiet I might need to keep the TV on old WWII movies to sleep.

Look for a SpeedQueen washer and dryer set.

Unless you just have to have fancy front loaders with glass doors and lots of electronics to fail, you can’t beat them. Everything is old school mechanical.

They are set up to be “efficient” with water. But you can turn a screw in the back to adjust the float and actually get a full tub on the washer if you want. And we haven’t found anything we can throw in that will make it jump around on the spin cycle.

When I finally have to replace the dryer it will be with a SpeedQueen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom