• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Years back, I bought two LaserMax "guide rod" internal laser sight aids. One in a G21 lasted & worked for years before falling apart. The other, in my "carry" G26, fell apart in a couple months. Does anyone have RECENT experience with their newer products? They certainly are nice when they do work. Thanks for comments from those with RECENT experience. leVieux
    Capitol Armory ad

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yup... I've got 3 of them. They're mounted on:
    P 229 AirSoft
    P365 AirSoft
    FNS-9C
    They have all been faultless. Once dialed in you can forget about them. The FNS has been through bunch of ammo and holds its aim point just fine. I use both the red angreen laser cant say for certain one is any better than the other.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup... I've got 3 of them. They're mounted on:
    P 229 AirSoft
    P365 AirSoft
    FNS-9C
    They have all been faultless. Once dialed in you can forget about them. The FNS has been through bunch of ammo and holds its aim point just fine. I use both the red angreen laser cant say for certain one is any better than the other.

Thanks !

leVieux

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Strictly my opinion, and YMMV!

I view lasers on guns as being for the most part, an expensive gimmick. Just another component that could fail at a very critical moment of life or death if depending upon your equipment.

After looking at the numbers for the amount of shots fired, and the distances that there were shot at in the vast number of violent attacks, I knew for the most part, a laser was even less that being a useful accessory for a carry gun.

We rely upon low-level lighting at night in our home, so really couldn't see the need for home defense either.

I could see maybe a laser attached to a pistol for training purposes and practice, but not something I would relay upon at critical time or event.

Just my thoughts.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Strictly my opinion, and YMMV!

I view lasers on guns as being for the most part, an expensive gimmick. Just another component that could fail at a very critical moment of life or death if depending upon your equipment.

After looking at the numbers for the amount of shots fired, and the distances that there were shot at in the vast number of violent attacks, I knew for the most part, a laser was even less that being a useful accessory for a carry gun.

We rely upon low-level lighting at night in our home, so really couldn't see the need for home defense either.

I could see maybe a laser attached to a pistol for training purposes and practice, but not something I would relay upon at critical time or event.

Just my thoughts.

So, what you are saying, in a long winded fashion, is that you don't have any recent experience with what the OP asked about.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'm trying to determine whether it would be a good idea to buy another one. The ones I did have literally just fell apart, broke into pieces in the guns. Not from any over-use, either.

Of course. Makes perfect sense to put something into your firearm that might fail, or even fall apart, rendering your firearm useless, maybe even at a critical time when your life or your loved ones might be at risk.

Seems intelligent to me.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Of course. Makes perfect sense to put something into your firearm that might fail, or even fall apart, rendering your firearm useless, maybe even at a critical time when your life or your loved ones might be at risk.

Seems intelligent to me.
    When your eyesight begins to fail to the point you are unable to focus on both target and iron sights - your point of view may change as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    In a short answer. I have owned a couple in the past. Expensive crap, that falls apart.
    Crimson Trace Shockwave Laser Saddle disagrees with your premise.
    77D4AA9B-B924-47E4-8549-5AF5E226C3C2.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I am simply stating my own personal experiences, observations and opinions. For me, I find they are just an expensive gimmick I don't need, nor do I want. I have found alternatives to a laser that I prefer for my own personal use that I think are better choices.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am simply stating my own personal experiences, observations and opinions. For me, I find they are just an expensive gimmick I don't need, nor do I want. I have found alternatives to a laser that I prefer for my own personal use that I think are better choices.

Care to share?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Care to share?

Red dot optics are a better choice for low light home defensive weapons. I also prefer night sights on my pistols. We also use low ambient or low-level lighting in our home, so it's never completely dark. I can wake from being sound asleep and still see to some degree that I can see an intruder or target within the house.

I'm not totally against having or using a laser on a weapon, as long as it's external. I'd also if anyone is using any device on weapon that is battery powered, that setting up a dedicated schedule for replacing batteries should be part of a normal maintenance procedure. Mr. Murphy sort of thing, about things failing at a critical time when it's most needed.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    As usual Doug, you presume to make assumptions about people and don't have the first clue about them.
    you are only partially correct. I saw LaserMax in the OP. What I failed to see was the "... internal guide rod..." my comments were relative to external, rail mounted laser. That aside I would question why, exactly, you are so thin skinned. I did not attack you. I did not demean you. I even said your opinion "may" change. Might be chill pill time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    you are only partially correct. I saw LaserMax in the OP. What I failed to see was the "... internal guide rod..." my comments were relative to external, rail mounted laser. That aside I would question why, exactly, you are so thin skinned. I did not attack you. I did not demean you. I even said your opinion "may" change. Might be chill pill time.

No Doug, I'm quite chilled out. You make a lot of assumptions about people and things quite often when you have no personal connection, or personal knowledge of certain things. And pointing out your assumptions about people you don't know personally, isn't thin-skinned in my book. I could probably go back, read some of your previous posts on things, make some assumptions about you, that might or might no be true. Correct?

Top Bottom