• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joeshoe52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2018
    Texas
    I got a new 300 Blk upper. Put some new Magpul MBUS flip up sights on it. I'm trying to bore sight the weapon now. I painted the laser point of impact on the bullseye. Viewing through my iron sights I find that I can't adjust the point of aim to match the laser mark. The point of aim is about 2 3/4" above the point of impact. My iron sights have provisions for adjustments but I can't get into the point of impact. I'm fairly new at this and I'm pretty well stumped. Can someone please offer some assistance and thanks in advance.
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The laser dot will be about 4" off the actual point of impact. The bore lasers are designed to get you in the neighborhood. It won't be exact. The sight in will still have to be fine tuned at range.

~It's suppose to save you from shooting extra rounds to get it sighted in.

You can rotate the bore laser within the bore and it'll change the point of aim. It's a rough estimate.

joeshoe52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2018
    Texas
    OK, thanks. Some videos I've seen they mentioned sighting in the iron sight to the laser mark. I don't see how they did it unless their iron sight are different. Before I did the bore sighting I went to the range and spent a number of rounds try to hit paper. What a dud that was, couldn't hit paper. Plus is was windy that day as well. I've sighted my reflex sight into the poi with no problem. I guess I'll back out to the range with a bigger target next time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    OK, thanks. Some videos I've seen they mentioned sighting in the iron sight to the laser mark. I don't see how they did it unless their iron sight are different. Before I did the bore sighting I went to the range and spent a number of rounds try to hit paper. What a dud that was, couldn't hit paper. Plus is was windy that day as well. I've sighted my reflex sight into the poi with no problem. I guess I'll back out to the range with a bigger target next time.

Big target will do. Once you have it on paper. Walk the group to where you want it. Set up three targets side by side. Or up and down. It can be frustrating trying to get it to hit the paper but once it does. It's down hill after that. The laser is suppose to get you on paper.

Start out at 25 yards. Then 50 and finally 100.

Mrvmax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2018
    Friendswood
    Big target will do. Once you have it on paper. Walk the group to where you want it. Set up three targets side by side. Or up and down. It can be frustrating trying to get it to hit the paper but once it does. It's down hill after that. The laser is suppose to get you on paper.

Start out at 25 yards. Then 50 and finally 100.
    This is the easiest way to do it. I’ve got two different laser boresighters and I don’t use them unless I have two.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've tried using a laser bore sight but found it was easier and more accurate to just pull the BCG and remove the lower. Set the upper on a couple of rests, and Line up the sights about an inch above what you see through the barrel. Gets me on paper at 25 yards.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I've tried using a laser bore sight but found it was easier and more accurate to just pull the BCG and remove the lower. Set the upper on a couple of rests, and Line up the sights about an inch above what you see through the barrel. Gets me on paper at 25 yards.

Exactly, been doing the same thing for years. Also works on bolt actions and single shots.

Top Bottom