• ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Stabbings are always so insane. I think id rather take a bullet. Holy crap

My dad was shot five times with an M1 Garand when he was in the Air Force (resulting in lifelong crippling injuries and nerve damage), and then a couple of years after he recovered he was stabbed in the back. He told me once he'd rather be shot again than stabbed again.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    In principle, I agree that robbers got what was coming to them but looking at current BS legal environment (kind of like what is taught when getting LTC license) was the store owner life in danger looking at the video? And the kids were stealing "property" and not attacking the owner where his life was in danger...
    So, wait to get punched before punching? Wait to get shot before shooting? EFF that. Reaction time will NEVER be as fast as action. Soon as you're a threat, you get whatever is coming.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Seems the feller is not as smart as originally though. Doing a reddit AMA.

https://www.unddit.com/r/robbersget...h5tq4/las_vegas_smoke_shop_robbing_owner_ama/
    13732ce6d43f657ffe994a98baee8d73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Lol!! I thought for sure that one stab he put in him at the back of the neck would have ended him right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's easy to miss major blood vessels in the neck. You have to do it a certain way to get the desired effect.....

....yes, I did attended the Christopher Lee School of Theater Realism.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Lol!! I thought for sure that one stab he put in him at the back of the neck would have ended him right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The shopowner could have delivered a slit throat as a coup de gras!

But, that might have been too much... He stopped when the perp stopped fighting.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My dad was shot five times with an M1 Garand when he was in the Air Force (resulting in lifelong crippling injuries and nerve damage), and then a couple of years after he recovered he was stabbed in the back. He told me once he'd rather be shot again than stabbed again.
    Please tell this story.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Please tell this story.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Dad was in the Air Police (later renamed Security Police, and later renamed Security Forces) in the Air Force in 1950. He was at Carswell AFB and one evening was assigned to stand guard by the ready alert B-36 bombers. You know, the ones that were fully armed and fueled and ready to take off to bomb Moscow within 30 minutes of the word "go". One of the other airmen on guard duty that night had been partying too hard and was afraid of falling asleep, so he took some No-Doze.

Like, the entire box of No-Doze. The kind they sold in 1950.

So, Airman SpeedFreak in his altered state of mind began shooting randomly with his Garand. Dad was faced with two choices:

One- he could take cover. The only available cover, though, was the nearest fully armed and fueled B-36 Peacemaker. A fun fact: large amounts of magnesium were used in the manufacture of B-36 bombers because it weighs less than aluminum. That makes the prospect of a fire near the aircraft that much more of a bad idea.

Two- he could take the rifle from the dipshit.

Dad decided to take the rifle out of the equation. Now, I don't know the specifics of how many shots were fired but it seems a reload must have happened at some point. I do know the guy fired at least a couple of shots before my dad leapt into action, and at least six shots were fired at him. The first shot that hit him clipped his thigh muscle. The second shattered his left hip joint, but somehow he didn't stop running. the third hit him in the stomach and doubled him over. The fourth collapsed his left lung. The fifth destroyed the nerves in his left shoulder. The sixth hit his helmet and spun it off his head. In the end, though, Dad closed the distance, yanked the rifle out of the guys hands and bashed him in the face with it. By that time more people had arrived and they saw my dad drop the rifle, turn around to walk away, and fall on his face.

In the end, my dad wound up with one lung removed, significant paralysis and deformity in his left hand from the nerve damage, and a stainless steel left hip that made his left leg about an inch shorter than his right.

Now, as for the stabbing, after he was discharged from the hospital at Maxwell AFB (where most of his surgeries happened after he was stabilized at Carswell) he was medically retired from the service and came home to Austin, where he made a lot of the kind of bad decisions only a 20 year old disabled veteran with a bad attitude could make. He hung out in dive bars a lot, got in trouble with the law, and one evening he chatted up a pretty blonde and bought her a couple of drinks. As he was walking out to his car at the end of the night, her boyfriend buried a 4" switchblade in Dad's back, just to the right of his spine. He didn't have anything worse than one hell of a scar left over from that attack, but the doctors let him keep the switchblade. I have it in a box somewhere.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Dad was in the Air Police (later renamed Security Police, and later renamed Security Forces) in the Air Force in 1950. He was at Carswell AFB and one evening was assigned to stand guard by the ready alert B-36 bombers. You know, the ones that were fully armed and fueled and ready to take off to bomb Moscow within 30 minutes of the word "go". One of the other airmen on guard duty that night had been partying too hard and was afraid of falling asleep, so he took some No-Doze.

Like, the entire box of No-Doze. The kind they sold in 1950.

So, Airman SpeedFreak in his altered state of mind began shooting randomly with his Garand. Dad was faced with two choices:

One- he could take cover. The only available cover, though, was the nearest fully armed and fueled B-36 Peacemaker. A fun fact: large amounts of magnesium were used in the manufacture of B-36 bombers because it weighs less than aluminum. That makes the prospect of a fire near the aircraft that much more of a bad idea.

Two- he could take the rifle from the dipshit.

Dad decided to take the rifle out of the equation. Now, I don't know the specifics of how many shots were fired but it seems a reload must have happened at some point. I do know the guy fired at least a couple of shots before my dad leapt into action, and at least six shots were fired at him. The first shot that hit him clipped his thigh muscle. The second shattered his left hip joint, but somehow he didn't stop running. the third hit him in the stomach and doubled him over. The fourth collapsed his left lung. The fifth destroyed the nerves in his left shoulder. The sixth hit his helmet and spun it off his head. In the end, though, Dad closed the distance, yanked the rifle out of the guys hands and bashed him in the face with it. By that time more people had arrived and they saw my dad drop the rifle, turn around to walk away, and fall on his face.

In the end, my dad wound up with one lung removed, significant paralysis and deformity in his left hand from the nerve damage, and a stainless steel left hip that made his left leg about an inch shorter than his right.

Now, as for the stabbing, after he was discharged from the hospital at Maxwell AFB (where most of his surgeries happened after he was stabilized at Carswell) he was medically retired from the service and came home to Austin, where he made a lot of the kind of bad decisions only a 20 year old disabled veteran with a bad attitude could make. He hung out in dive bars a lot, got in trouble with the law, and one evening he chatted up a pretty blonde and bought her a couple of drinks. As he was walking out to his car at the end of the night, her boyfriend buried a 4" switchblade in Dad's back, just to the right of his spine. He didn't have anything worse than one hell of a scar left over from that attack, but the doctors let him keep the switchblade. I have it in a box somewhere.
    I'd call Dad a hero!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom