• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I got the pleasure of shooting one of these today and all I have to say is ... damn, I want one.

At 100-Yards it shot under 1/2 MOA with factory Black Hills Match. That's out of the box, no fancy break-in, no tricks, and that is without a rear bag! I put the first two in the same hole, and the third broke a hair right of the original point of aim. With a rear bag I could have put all three in the same hole.

I've never shot a more accurate AR, period.

The trigger is by far the best I've used also (Giselle). It was light, but very crisp. If I build a precision AR, it will have that trigger in it.
    Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    LOL nice shooting.. Of course you were probably shooting at Reds right? They test fire them on the range out behind their shop that has a 1-2 inch crosswind a majority of the time.. :)

Excuses.

Shooting a precision rifle indoors at Red's is feeble when it's full. The concussion from people next to you shooting will bump your rifle off POA every time. Fortunately I was on one of the lanes further down and it was mostly pistol shooters.

Regardless, the OBR is freaking sexy. I love the trigger, I love the feel, I love the way it shoots, and I love the fact that it's made here in Texas. I wish I had 10 of them to sell rather than the LWRC REPR.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I had an OBR on order for almost a year. I got impatient when they went so far beyond the original release date, and used some of that money to have AR Performance build me a 6.8SPC AR. Once again, I am saving up for the OBR. ;)

As a side note, LaRue had to change the name of the OBR. It was originally called the OSR, for Optimized Sniper Rifle, but Dick(head) Swan, owner of ARMS, threw a fit because ARMS has a copyright filed for "OSR" for their the Optimized Swan Rail. He has also gone after Mark LaRue for using the number "17" in some of the LaRue mounts. I'll never spend another dime on ARMS products, ever. Sorry if any of this has been discussed elsewhere on TGTalk.

-Pete

Top Bottom