• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Could UN arms treaty infringe on US Constitution?

I'm amazed that they are actually trying to go through with this. The UN is obviously under the impression that the Obama administration has the sole authority to overturn any Constitutional Amendment they want during their time in office. A gun ban exercised by the UN will mean nothing to true Americans, watch, they are gonna destroy the world just because their urge to rule and dominate it is clouding their better judgement.
    Texas SOT

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Could UN arms treaty infringe on US Constitution?

I'm amazed that they are actually trying to go through with this. The UN is obviously under the impression that the Obama administration has the sole authority to overturn any Constitutional Amendment they want during their time in office. A gun ban exercised by the UN will mean nothing to true Americans, watch, they are gonna destroy the world just because their urge to rule and dominate it is clouding their better judgement.

Does this really surprise you?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Bush Administration, with the able service of U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., MR. John R. Bolton, beat this treaty to a bloody pulp, and it did not advance any further....

Until Obama. Ever since, the Obama Administration, with the help of Hillary Clinton's State Department, have sought to have this gun control treaty ratified by the U.S. Senate.

So far, no luck on passing this gun control scheme (even with a Democrat-heavy Senate).

Now, here's a common misunderstanding: Treaties do not trump the Constitution.

Our Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land. Anything that would violate the words of our Constitution would require a constitutional amendment.

Of course, when the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court rules Obamacare constitutional, it is time to motivate patriots to overwhelm the ballot box in November: If that fails, ready your cartridges, for the savages will seek to exact revenge on those who swore to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Keep your powder dry!

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Ha....I agree....the interpretation of the Constitution may be a subject of never-ending debate, but I think the founders made it pretty clear how they feel about government ordering us to relinquish our arms. Or infringing upon our rights to keep and bear arms. What amazes me, is that these people have to know that trying to disarm the U.S.A. will start a war, and they keep pushing for it, in the name of PEACE! No doubt that will start an all out war on our soil. As soon as word gets out that they are confiscating guns people will be perched atop buildings across the nation with their rifles ready to take out the enemy. I personally plan on selling all but one of my guns if this treaty is given credibility (and will likely end up buying em all back a few months later), and if gun registration is ordered, all I'll have to register is a Ruger revolver. I figure that'll be the last kinda gun they try to confiscate. Either way, they're not walking into my house and taking hundreds of dollars worth of my property, for them to have for themselves, just because some FOREIGN "treaty" said they could, they got another thing coming if they think that's how it's gonna go down.

And idk about everyone else, but Obama's trend of thinking he can "reach beyond" the constitution, to get "authority" from FOREIGN nations for legislation or other official actions, in the USA, is downright insulting, a slap in the face to all Americans, even his supporters even though they are too blind to even see it. I've stood patriotically behind every president before, whether I agreed with them or not, but this guy has got to go. He hates America and everything it stands for, and has made it his mission to do as much damage to our country as he can while he is in office. The simple fact that he even made it to the Oval Office shows just how out of touch modern society is with American values and principles. They could care less. All they care about is Ipads, Jersey Shore, and the Kardashians. Start telling them they need to be grateful for the freedoms our founders and many others fought and died for, and should be proud to be an American, they literally laugh in your face, as if you are some 90 year old man in a 32 year old's body, telling them about something that to them, was nothing more than some "annoying" subject they were forced to learn about in grade school (if they even went).

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Make sure you have firearms that fire NATO rounds. If the UN gets froggy, we'll have access to all kinds of surplus ammo!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The UN has 0 sovereignty here.

As US citizens we are under the same obligation to comply with any demands originating from the UN as we are demands from the Girl Scouts.

There will never be a UN gun registration. Not gonna happen.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    The UN has 0 sovereignty here.

As US citizens we are under the same obligation to comply with any demands originating from the UN as we are demands from the Girl Scouts.

There will never be a UN gun registration. Not gonna happen.

I was told in my economics class back in '93 that GM, Ford, etc would never go bankrupt....
    Never say never.
    I don't think it will ever happen, but I'm not willing to say it will never happen.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I was told in my economics class back in '93 that GM, Ford, etc would never go bankrupt....
    Never say never.
    I don't think it will ever happen, but I'm not willing to say it will never happen.

Ok, let me re-phrase. There will never ba a UN gun registration that I comply with. Not gonna happen. That I can guarantee.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    un troops will be all that will try to take them and blue helmets make pretty targets. they will get my guns when they pry my cold dead hands from them.

DannyT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Tyler
    Now You can have it.jpg

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Yeah, sometimes I just stop and think about all the outrageous and just downright ridiculous antics coming out of Washington D.C. these days, and am shocked. When I look at the big picture I mean. How is it not obvious that these people in power have nothing but ill will for the American people, and are clearly interested in pushing agendas we've been opposed to for the last 2 centuries. I just don't see how people see it any other way. Even when you site all GWB's faults, and yes there are many, I agree, but the thing with Obama is totally different. I mean if I could describe him in one short sentence, I'd say, "He can't stand America", I've never gotten that feeling from a president before. He, his family, and his administration, are the first (that I'm aware of), to openly disgrace the flag, national anthem, embrace communist dictators all while shunning Americans on American soil.

Then basically telling us he's letting illegal immigrants obtain citizenship (which wouldn't be as bad if there were even enough jobs to go around for the ones who already ARE citizens, but is still bullshit either way), because it's "the right thing to do". "Right" for who? Anyone but the American people. And if "the right thing" for the American people isn't being done here in AMERICA, it is being done nowhere. The ones who are supposed to be supporting, protecting, and safeguarding us the most, are not only NOT doing that, but they are actually setting out to systematically destroy the principles that the country was founded on, and has been based on since the beginning. Calls it "fundamental change".

But honestly, this whole UN thing has gotten way out of hand. Just the simple fact that there are leaders of other countries who think that they even have a chance of passing a "treaty" that will even TOUCH the 2nd Amendment speaks volumes in itself. This idea was shot to hell when Bush was president. Why all of a sudden do they think they have a chance with it with Obama? Because he's PUSHING for it. And Hillary Clinton and a massive following of others are right there "pushing" right alongside him. See a difference here? I've never in my life looked at my own government as an enemy but they are starting to look more and more like that every day. One thing that is extremely frustrating is when you see a celebrity on TV who you've always admired, like Anthony Keidis, or Ashton Kutcher, George Clooney, Samuel L. Jackson, and you lose total respect for them when you see how blinded they are to what is really going on in this country.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I think it's generally accepted that 10% of the colonies population participated in the Revolutionary War against the British. It got good enough results.

In the event of another, I don't see much change in that number (percentage) of patriots, and it might not be enough now.

With the rise of the nanny state, I think a lot more of our population would be inclined to resist any change that would threaten their perceived security, so the side resisting a change (return to our countries basic fundamentals) would be stronger than before. Plus the national security measures are a lot stronger today and the establishment has firm control and will not give it up easily.

While there are plenty members of Oath Keepers and other organizations like that (good and bad) I just don't see overwhelming numbers questioning the ethical authority of their commanders in the event of a crisis. Our liberal media will do a fantastic job of labeling anyone or group opposed to that kind of change as a terrorist, nut-job, racist (especially if bho is still in office), or other derogatory label to provide the scared sheep with needed political power to support their agenda all in the name of public safety.

A good number of people I know will happily do anything they can to be safer and more secure without ever looking at the big picture of the consequences of their actions for the future.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I think it's generally accepted that 10% of the colonies population participated in the Revolutionary War against the British. It got good enough results.

In the event of another, I don't see much change in that number of patriots, and it might not be enough now.

With the rise of the nanny state, I think a lot more of our population would be inclined to resist any change that would threaten their perceived security, so the side resisting a change (return to our countries basic fundamentals) would be stronger than before. Plus the national security measures are a lot stronger today and the establishment has firm control and will not give it up easily.

While there are plenty members of Oath Keepers and other organizations like that (good and bad) I just don't see overwhelming numbers questioning the ethical authority of their commanders in the event of a crisis. Our liberal media will do a fantastic job of labeling anyone or group opposed to that kind of change as a terrorist, nut-job, racist (especially if bho is still in office), or other derogatory label to provide the scared sheep with needed political power to support their agenda all in the name of public safety.

A good number of people I know will happily do anything they can to be safer and more secure without ever looking at the big picture of the consequences of their actions for the future.

Well, unfortunately it may take until the day that we are working our fingers to the bone, and every penny we have made has been taken from us to give to other's "entitled" to it, which is simply slavery just in a different context, for people to realize they've lost everything and decide to do their part to set it straight. Unfortunately, by that point, it would be too late. We are already headed that way. But there are alot of pissed off Americans, and I find it coming up in daily conversation more and more every day, that this country will not be the "United" States much longer. I mean, if we were truly united, we'd all basically have the same laws, because we'd all be one culture who shared beliefs and values. Well take a look at Texas, then take a look at California, it's like two different countries altogether.

I refuse to live under California's liberal standards. A state that is literally about to bottom out economically, yet still hands out millions upon millions in entitlements, to people who have no intention of lifting a finger for it. And according to the left, that's the way it should be and we're a racist for thinking any other way. I don't agree with that, and it's becoming clearer who does and doesn't agree with that in our society. We just all happen to coexist even thought we basically agree on nothing. The harder the Obama administration pushes, with their legion of blind followers behind them, the larger the split will be, and eventually, something will have to give. I just hope that "something" can be done diplomatically but the left seem to be doing literally any and everything they can, legal or not, to set their agenda and silence the diplomatic opposition, and unfortunately, have made some progress with that in the past, so I don't underestimate them at all, and would not put anything past them at this point.

Any logically thinking person would agree that disarming Americans in the fashion the Brits have been disarmed, is pretty much not going to happen. Even Obama, Clinton, and all the other cronies in D.C. know that. Which tells me they are more than willing to use force to do so, and that force, from what it seems, may be in the form of a foreign military, who they've given "permission" to engage American targets on American soil, something they have no written authority to do. Basically they are the ones our founders warned us so much about, and they have managed to occupy our nation's capital. Can't be much more of a "traitor" than that. They know it'll create havoc eventually, but they don't care. They want complete control and are willing to eliminate (or try to eliminate) anyone who stands in the way of that.

Top Bottom